Bupropion and ropinirole

I have taken these two meds at different times in my journey. I suffer from major depression and lack of motivation, pleasure, etc.

Could someone weight in on how these 2 meds might complement or contradict one another?

• Like 1

I am usually pretty good with med stuff, but I’m not sure I could comment with much accuracy. I have seen dopamine agonists in treatment resistant depression (usually mirapex) with mixed results in studies punished. However, most of the preliminary stuff done was not paired with a med that could be very stimulating like Wellbutrin so that combo would certainly be creative. Would it be just the two or other meds? I’m assuming you’ve tried all the regular suspects already 

29 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I am usually pretty good with med stuff, but I’m not sure I could comment with much accuracy. I have seen dopamine agonists in treatment resistant depression (usually mirapex) with mixed results in studies punished. However, most of the preliminary stuff done was not paired with a med that could be very stimulating like Wellbutrin so that combo would certainly be creative. Would it be just the two or other meds? I’m assuming you’ve tried all the regular suspects already 

Tried a lot of meds. Serotonin meds helps, but tend to make a bit apathetic. Added roponirol. It helped a little, but with dose increase couldn’t stay focused on one task and perhaps a bit hyper  

Psy doc likes bupropion and is pondering a low dose added to ropinirol. 

He’s never mentioned a med like Methylphenidate?

Just now, DoubleU said:

He’s never mentioned a med like Methylphenidate

That’s not uncommon, lots of pdocs don’t prescribe stims for depression, and if the serotonin + ropinirol made you hyper it’s possible stimulants could make you even more hyper 

A very good point. Just trying fight this apathy and anhedonia atmosphere I find myself in. 

I still take low dose of ropinirol. Seems like this is all worse without it. 

3 hours ago, Iceberg said:

ever discussed ketamine ?

No, psy doc did mention the Spravato. I will bring this up at my next appt. This is all so confusing. My life is not bad. I'm blessed with family, friends, adequate employment, but I just can't enjoy. 

Thank you for your input and for listening. I'm learning a lot from this site.