CrazyBoards.org

Does anybody have any info on cross tapering Mirtazapine to antipsychotics (Mainly Quetiapine) I cant seem to find anything online...I'm more intrested if u can stop Mirt and start antipsychotics or if u need to gradually reduce Mirt before staring an antipsychotic...If anybody has some info i would appreciate it...I'm not under the care of a Pdoc but i'm making arrangements to see a private one...I'm going to give him all my notes/previous Dx etc and suggest to him ditching my mirtazapine and just using quetiapine..Just interested to know if Mirt can be stopped abrouptly and Start straight on quetiapine..I,m rambling a bit my heads a shed

Edited by GrannyG81

2 hours ago, GrannyG81 said:

Just interested to know if Mirt can be stopped abrouptly and Start straight on quetiapine..I,m rambling a bit my heads a shed

When I needed to stop mirtazapine, my doctor at the time put me on a taper plan.....She said that mirtazapine is a med that should be gradually tapered, and not stopped cold turkey.........Just my experience.

7 hours ago, GrannyG81 said:

Does anybody have any info on cross tapering Mirtazapine to antipsychotics (Mainly Quetiapine) I cant seem to find anything online...I'm more intrested if u can stop Mirt and start antipsychotics or if u need to gradually reduce Mirt before staring an antipsychotic...If anybody has some info i would appreciate it...I'm not under the care of a Pdoc but i'm making arrangements to see a private one...I'm going to give him all my notes/previous Dx etc and suggest to him ditching my mirtazapine and just using quetiapine..Just interested to know if Mirt can be stopped abrouptly and Start straight on quetiapine..I,m rambling a bit my heads a shed

I’d think gradual taper unless there is a severe issue. Also might partially depend on how you’ll dose quetiapine 

I'm booking to see a private Pdoc...Just waiting on his call which should hopefully be this week...I'm considering drawing up a medication action plan and taking it too him with my own thoughts/suggestions on different medication i could explore..I'm not seeing him for diagnosis so hopefully most of the appointment will revolve around treatment..I will take some previous notes from the past to help him along i just dont want the session taken up with me pretty much repeating my background story over and over...Especially when paying out of my own pocket