CrazyBoards.org

I have been stabile for 9 months now and alcohol and drug free. I keep God in my life and I take every piece of advice with a grain of salt. 80 mg Prozac every morning been keeping me out of the dumps along with Depakote and Ziprasidone. Hydroxyzine for the jitters. I have completely changed since October of last year. Going to AA meetings, but I need to soon get a sponsor. I need someone to hold me accountable. Loving life. Dx: Schizoaffective Bipolar Depressive type and anxiety disorder. Human over all.

Good for you! My bipolar and psychosis decided to leave me alone after my last manic episode, perhaps caused because my depakote level was only half of what it was supposed to be. Thank goodness for zyprexa, to keep me from going completely wonky! Anyway, it’s been close to two months now, I think, and and even my OCD has been better lately. I started drinking again when I became manic, which sucked, but I was able to stop again at the beginning of this month, so that’s taken care of now as well.

I just worry about the next episode, because I rarely have episode-free periods, and they only ever last about a year or so, at most. And I ALWAYS start drinking again when I have a new episode, whether it be manic, mixed, depressive, or psychotic. But maybe this time will different. In any case, I’m going to enjoy the time I have, and try to take care of myself better. Maybe I’ll join one of those support groups like Smart Recovery or AA for when the next episode hits.