CrazyBoards.org

Out Of Treatment....

Hello all,

Well I finished treatment on July 21st.It was really hard work but i did it.I gained the weight and am trying to use the coping skills I learned. I am doing much better now.Not eating in an ideal manner but eating and without fear.

I have been tremendously anxious since i came home so trying to cope with that.

This is the first time I have completed treatment.The first time I am basically ok with the weight gain although I do have bad body image days.But they always say body image is the last thing to go.

Working with my pdoc/tdoc biweekly on everything.He has been great.

So just wanted to update.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

I'm glad you checked in - congrats on finishing treatment.  

I hope you and pdoc (acting as tdoc too) can sort out the anxiety.  I'm sure it's not helping all of the mental recovery stuff.

But you can do this - you are so strong!  I am really impressed you did treatment.  It's hard to reach out to get that.

Thanks for letting us know, and well done on completing treatment.  I just wanted to suggest that anxiety post hospitalisation could at least partly be attributed to the dramatic shift from a care environment back to "real life".  I do not suffer from an eating disorder, but can certainly attest to having felt this kind of thing in the past upon exiting inpatient drug rehab programmes.  I am glad to hear that you are being well-supported, and hope that you manage to get a hold of the anxiety soon.

Best wishes, Mia

4 hours ago, MiaB said:

Thanks for letting us know, and well done on completing treatment.  I just wanted to suggest that anxiety post hospitalisation could at least partly be attributed to the dramatic shift from a care environment back to "real life".  I do not suffer from an eating disorder, but can certainly attest to having felt this kind of thing in the past upon exiting inpatient drug rehab programmes.  I am glad to hear that you are being well-supported, and hope that you manage to get a hold of the anxiety soon.

Best wishes, Mia

This happens to me with mood issues. Typically I will need a med adjustment shortly after d/c from hospital because “reality shock” sets in. I know that is a totally different ballpark than eating disorder, but I am just agreeing with Mia that sometimes being done with a treatment brings its own kind of anxiety which hopefully will fade 

Thank you all.

Yes,when i got home from treatment it definitely felt a bit like some sort of culture shock.

It is tough to cope with my anxiety and the increasing depression I feel developing on a daily basis without restricting,but I am determined to not go backwards.

My pdoc did just add risperidone to my cocktail.So far I do notice it has made a slight improvement in my anxiety but not so much with my OCD.

My eating disorder really gave my OCD a tangible focus and now it is like it is looking for other ways to torment me...