CrazyBoards.org

Do you need special Ativan to do SL route?

I was wondering the same thing. recently someone ( i think here)  suggested that i try the SL for more immediate relief.so i just put my regular pill under my tongue. i'm not sure if it worked any faster. i wondered if its just that i don't really feel it kick in anymore because of my tolerance, or if like you said, i would need a special SL pill. sorry i don't have an answer for you- just thought i'd let you know someone else had the same question. hope somebody knows! 

I've had both sublingual and normal ativan.

Both work for immediate relief for me. My normal ativan is 1mg, and my subs were only 0.5mg, but half a normal works just as well as the subs.

YMMV, but it seems  a safe conclusion.

I've done it before and it seemed to work faster than just taking it notmally, but I don't know if it actually *did* work faster or it was a placebo - but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it worked.

• 4 years later...

I don't think this is working I put the pill under my tongue. It melted and them what. Well there is residue. I was told not to swallow. We geez o have to swallow the reidue I'm not going to spit it out. Anyway can someone tell me the proper way to tAke this stuff. Ativan sl

Archived