CrazyBoards.org

Er....sorry I keep posting about my risperidone.You all must be growing weary of it by now.

The thing is *I* am weary.No,exhausted.

This is my second week on 1 mg.

Starting last night my pdoc had me split the dose to .5 in the morning and .5 at night to hopefully help me to sleep better.And it really did help me sleep.I only woke up once and I didn't wake up until almost 7:30 AM which is very unlike me.The latest i can usually sleep is 5 AM.

Yesterday i was tremendously exhausted all day.And the thing is I couldn't actually even sleep,I could only lay there frustrated.I did rest for about an hour in the afternoon and felt better for a little while but then the fatigue hit me again.

I keep having to take cold showers to wake myself up and it doesn't matter how much coffee I drink I never have any energy.

I figure it has got to be the risperidone.I don't remember being quite this exhausted before I started it.

I am hesitant to take my full dose at bedtime for fear my OCD and anxiety during the day will get bad again.It is still working wonders for them.I am so much better.

So I guess there's a trade off.

I either have my debilitating symptoms or overwhelming exhaustion.

I guess I choose the fatigue.

Or will this abate with time?

Or do I *try* to take it at night?

I guess I must be a slow metabolizer which means its half life is lasting about 19 hours so would it not still work for my symptoms during the daytime if I took it at night?

I am scared to not have a dose during the day...

I don't really want to stop taking it altogether.

Oh I dunno what to do.

It is really a shame I am having this side effect.

As I have said it is working really well for me.

*sigh*

2 hours ago, gabagaba said:

Er....sorry I keep posting about my risperidone.You all must be growing weary of it by now.

The thing is *I* am weary.No,exhausted.

This is my second week on 1 mg.

Starting last night my pdoc had me split the dose to .5 in the morning and .5 at night to hopefully help me to sleep better.And it really did help me sleep.I only woke up once and I didn't wake up until almost 7:30 AM which is very unlike me.The latest i can usually sleep is 5 AM.

Yesterday i was tremendously exhausted all day.And the thing is I couldn't actually even sleep,I could only lay there frustrated.I did rest for about an hour in the afternoon and felt better for a little while but then the fatigue hit me again.

I keep having to take cold showers to wake myself up and it doesn't matter how much coffee I drink I never have any energy.

I figure it has got to be the risperidone.I don't remember being quite this exhausted before I started it.

I am hesitant to take my full dose at bedtime for fear my OCD and anxiety during the day will get bad again.It is still working wonders for them.I am so much better.

So I guess there's a trade off.

I either have my debilitating symptoms or overwhelming exhaustion.

I guess I choose the fatigue.

Or will this abate with time?

Or do I *try* to take it at night?

I guess I must be a slow metabolizer which means its half life is lasting about 19 hours so would it not still work for my symptoms during the daytime if I took it at night?

I am scared to not have a dose during the day...

I don't really want to stop taking it altogether.

Oh I dunno what to do.

It is really a shame I am having this side effect.

As I have said it is working really well for me.

*sigh*

Could you split the difference and try .75 total? Also, I think the Prescribing info allows for once daily dosing 

i'm so glad to hear that it's helping some of your symptoms! that said, i was also fatigued on risperidone. at the time i thought it was the effexor i was taking, but when i came off risperidone my energy levels were suddenly way higher. i napped pretty much every day when i was taking 0.75 mg.

it might still even out with time, but i second iceberg in trying 0.75 mg, maybe 0.25 AM and 0.5 PM? or you could do what i did, which 0.75 split into two even doses, AM and PM. lots of fiddling with tiny pills in my pill cutter.

17 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Could you split the difference and try .75 total? Also, I think the Prescribing info allows for once daily dosing 

10 hours ago, echolocation said:

i'm so glad to hear that it's helping some of your symptoms! that said, i was also fatigued on risperidone. at the time i thought it was the effexor i was taking, but when i came off risperidone my energy levels were suddenly way higher. i napped pretty much every day when i was taking 0.75 mg.

it might still even out with time, but i second iceberg in trying 0.75 mg, maybe 0.25 AM and 0.5 PM? or you could do what i did, which 0.75 split into two even doses, AM and PM. lots of fiddling with tiny pills in my pill cutter.

Thank you both.

Alright,perhaps 0.75 is the answer.

Maybe i will indeed try that.

i will talk to my pharmacist and my pdoc about it this week.

Thanks again.

I'm so tired.

I’m sorry you are feeling so tired! I took risperidone up to 12 mg and never got tired from it. That’s too bad! Especially since it’s helping you so much!

I agree to try maybe 0.25 mg AM and 0.5 mg PM. If that doesn’t work, have you tried taking all 1 mg at bedtime? It’s worth a shot. Especially since it’s been helpful to you when other meds haven’t been as helpful.

There is also Invega. Which is risperidone’s younger brother medication. I took that too for quite a while. It is similar to risperidone and supposedly has fewer side effects (even though I got zero side effects from risperidone) and you take it once daily. I don’t know much about how it works chemically, maybe someone can chime in. And I don’t know if it is as good for OCD as risperidone is. I took it for schizoaffective. You’d have to ask your pdoc about that. 

Just wanted to send some good wishes and support. I hope you can figure out a solution to this ASAP with your pdoc’s help. Sending good luck your way!

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

On 9/5/2021 at 2:55 PM, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I’m sorry you are feeling so tired! I took risperidone up to 12 mg and never got tired from it. That’s too bad! Especially since it’s helping you so much!

I agree to try maybe 0.25 mg AM and 0.5 mg PM. If that doesn’t work, have you tried taking all 1 mg at bedtime? It’s worth a shot. Especially since it’s been helpful to you when other meds haven’t been as helpful.

There is also Invega. Which is risperidone’s younger brother medication. I took that too for quite a while. It is similar to risperidone and supposedly has fewer side effects (even though I got zero side effects from risperidone) and you take it once daily. I don’t know much about how it works chemically, maybe someone can chime in. And I don’t know if it is as good for OCD as risperidone is. I took it for schizoaffective. You’d have to ask your pdoc about that. 

Just wanted to send some good wishes and support. I hope you can figure out a solution to this ASAP with your pdoc’s help. Sending good luck your way!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and support.

I have an appointment with my pdoc on Friday and will discuss all of this with him then.

Thank you again.

• 1 month later...