Do I suffer from this?

For a while now in the evenings I will lose all focus. I can count out all my meds then forget about them. I get transfixed in the ceiling and lights. Time passes. Nothing happens. I will spend literally hours doing nothing, not thinking about anything, not really anywhere. I just unplug and before you know it, it's midnight.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Simba Cub I just saw that nobody responded to this and I've realized I've been doing this A LOT lately! Have you talked to your tdoc or pdoc about it? Is this a new symptom, or have you changed up your meds? I increased my ritalin and I am having this same issue.

I used to "zone out" from time to time, but like you describe, now it is full on dissociation. Losing track of time, spacing out and forgetting what you were doing, forgetting to eat, getting overfocused on random weird things (like wall tiles or patterns in a carpet). I will read the same paragraph over & over again. Staring into space, mind completely blank, empty. Like I'm just not "there"

On 10/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, Blahblah said:

Hi @Simba Cub I just saw that nobody responded to this and I've realized I've been doing this A LOT lately! Have you talked to your tdoc or pdoc about it? Is this a new symptom, or have you changed up your meds? I increased my ritalin and I am having this same issue.

I used to "zone out" from time to time, but like you describe, now it is full on dissociation. Losing track of time, spacing out and forgetting what you were doing, forgetting to eat, getting overfocused on random weird things (like wall tiles or patterns in a carpet). I will read the same paragraph over & over again. Staring into space, mind completely blank, empty. Like I'm just not "there"

This is exactly it! Today's I "zoned out" three time, getting fascinated in the ceiling. I counted out my meds, forgot that they existed and wondered off. I forgot I was talking with someone. I was on Facebook and suddenly, 3 hours had passed without me paying attention to it. It's a big deal.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello, @Simba Cub. I hope it's not too late to respond. I'm new, and just read this.

This could be dissociation, yes. Dissociation can happen with PTSD. I see you also have seizures, though. There are some seizures that occur only at night, usually during sleep.

edit: I forgot to add that in schizophrenia, there's a condition called catatonia, which can be similar to what you're describing. If you talk to your doctor, they might be able to narrow it down for you!

Take care.

Edited by undone
forgot something