CrazyBoards.org

So much for that....

Oh so sorry for so many posts...

The risperdone appears to not be working so well after all.

My disturbing disturbing intrusive thoughts and commands have returned all the stronger.

My dose was actually increased last week to .25 mg bid and 1 mg at bedtime despite my fatigue.

I don't like this drug.

I am so exhausted.

Left a message for my pdoc this morning saying that it is making me too tired and not controlling my symptoms so we have gotta figure something else out.

I may just ask to go back on chlorpromazine although I am sort of considering abilify.

I can't find any patient reviews of it online as far as people taking it for OCD but it has been suggested to me in the past.

But yeah,maybe just go back to chlorpromazine.maybe ask if I can take 50 mg bid while still taking loxapine.....not sure that's possible though.

I feel so defeated.

Chlorpromazine is so fucking annoying. It has all these shit side effects, and yet you have to keep it in the old med box cuz sometimes it just works better than anything. It doesn’t really make sense, but it’s true. Only med that lets me sleep on the majority of manic nights.

have you tried olanzapine? 

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Chlorpromazine is so fucking annoying. It has all these shit side effects, and yet you have to keep it in the old med box cuz sometimes it just works better than anything. It doesn’t really make sense, but it’s true. Only med that lets me sleep on the majority of manic nights.

have you tried olanzapine? 

Oh I know.Chlorpomazine gave me long Q-T and a cardiologist told me it is probably not such a great idea for me to be taking it but I took the risk for a few months anyhow.

I have been on and off olanzapine for years now.I got all excited about it a few months ago but my pdoc looked back in my chart to when I took it last and found that I had stopped taking it because it wasn't working.

At any rate he called me back and told me to stop my day time doses of risperidone and asked me if I would be willing to try Invega staring on Friday.

So I said fine ok.

Who knows maybe I will have good luck with it.

Gah it never ends!