CrazyBoards.org

stretching to help with migraine prevention

so...I asked my neuro about whether a referral for a few sessions of PT would make sense to try to decrease migraine frequency by increasing the flexibility and strength in my neck and shoulders area.  He thought the idea of stretching made sense, but wanted to hold off on PT specifically because he knows I don't have much medical leave and wanted it there for an emergency. 

He suggested I ask around and see what resources others have stumbled across.  He also said that his wife leads stretching at a local ymca (not local to me) and that most of them have options for people.  So that  might be a possibility.

His general thinking is that google might get me somewhere.  I am willing to try, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel in case someone had really good resources already. 

Swimming has never really spoken to me.  I could do it in theory...but for some reason I've never really done it since childhood.  Thanks though. 

Chiro is a little scary to me.  I know that they have experience, but the idea of manipulating those sorts of things is a little scary.