The two most successful antipsychotics I've ever taken are Clozapine and Olanzapine. You can guess where I'm going with this. I recently pondered over augmenting one with the other to increase my chances with one problem - sedation. It's not quite like mixing one with Quetiapine, but you get the picture. Luckily Trifluoperazine has been fairly effective is useful as a booster, otherwise I'd really be up shit creek!

On 10/8/2021 at 8:01 PM, Simba Cub said:

The two most successful antipsychotics I've ever taken are Clozapine and Olanzapine. You can guess where I'm going with this. I recently pondered over augmenting one with the other to increase my chances with one problem - sedation. It's not quite like mixing one with Quetiapine, but you get the picture. Luckily Trifluoperazine has been fairly effective is useful as a booster, otherwise I'd really be up shit creek!

I personally wouldn't recommend it and I'd be surprised if most prescribers were comfortable with it either. It considerably increases the risk of certain side effects like sedation and more importantly, respiratory depression, metabolic side effects like weight gain, elevated blood glucose levels/Type II DM, dyslipidemia, etc.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, psychwardjesus said:

I personally wouldn't recommend it and I'd be surprised if most prescribers were comfortable with it either. It considerably increases the risk of certain side effects like sedation and more importantly, respiratory depression, metabolic side effects like weight gain, elevated blood glucose levels/Type II DM, dyslipidemia, etc.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!