I cut so often

I find it hard talking to people about my self harming during my hard times. they judge me and ignore me and judge me which makes me feel really alone and isolated during those times. i have no one :(

i did it and i feel better but i am in pain i struggle to manage my feelings i cant do this sometimes i find it hard not giving up i do struggle i am scared my arm is infected

It can become a loop. Cutting leads to momentary relief but you feel more estranged from other people for doing such a thing. Which makes you feel like a freak and makes you want to cut yourself again. It's best to get it out in some other way. If not with a mental health professional then talk about how you feel on here. Tip: start a blog. There's people here who know what it's like and will respond with nothing but love and kindness. I hope it's not infected. Happened to me once when I was young, and I never thought about getting help even after my jaw started locking. Don't do that. I cut a lot in my teens and had an even worse phase when I was around 30 years old. I haven't cut for over 10 years. Yeah I'm an old bastard. I understand why you do it, and I still get the thought of doing it on occasions, but talking to people who understand is a better way to let it out.

Edited by Fluent In Silence

On 10/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, Fluent In Silence said:

It can become a loop. Cutting leads to momentary relief but you feel more estranged from other people for doing such a thing. Which makes you feel like a freak and makes you want to cut yourself again. It's best to get it out in some other way. If not with a mental health professional then talk about how you feel on here. Tip: start a blog. There's people here who know what it's like and will respond with nothing but love and kindness. I hope it's not infected. Happened to me once when I was young, and I never thought about getting help even after my jaw started locking. Don't do that. I cut a lot in my teens and had an even worse phase when I was around 30 years old. I haven't cut for over 10 years. Yeah I'm an old bastard. I understand why you do it, and I still get the thought of doing it on occasions, but talking to people who understand is a better way to let it out.

thanks