CrazyBoards.org

i dont know what is going on

hi amanda,

you are really hurting. i appreciate that.

are you seeing a psychiatrist? or psychologist? or is your gp helping you at all?

i am just a guy. no medical training WHATSOEVER. but what you are describing seems to include a lot of anxiety. whether that might be due to an anxiety disorder could be determined and diagnosed by a medical/psychology professional.

could it be due to an anxiety disorder? a social disorder? perhaps bipolar disorder?

these thoughts rattle around my head and i REALLY think you should seek professional advice here. there is no reason that a person should have to suffer what you are suffering.

if you are comfortable with it, please feel free to elaborate on your problems here.

take care,

grouse.

Consider a visit to a neurologist, and perhaps getting an electroencephalogram (recording of brain waves). And better do it soon if it's not a problem.

What you're describing (disabling anxiety for no reason) *may* either mean akathisia (restlessness, extrapyramidal symptom that might have been caused by risperdal) or temporal lobe seizures - something that ate half of my brain (well, metaphorically speaking) several years ago. That kind of seizures (which can be described as a kind of "thunderstorm" in one part of the brain) may manifest itself as anxiety. The anxiety may be constant in case of a special subtype called aura continua. Those seizures may be triggered by some neuroleptics. It isn't common, but it happens, and it'd be better to rule it out, as treatment for seizure disorders is very different from treatment for anxiety, and should start as early as possible to minimize brain damage.

Did you notice anything else, senses going weird (hallucinations, pins-and-needles, perception distortions)? Is it a constant feeling, or does it come and go? Does it mess with you in any other way than by causing stomach aches, restlessness and inability to concentrate (all of those sound WAY too familiar to me)?

thank you guys for your responses, i will definately look into some of that stuff, and i am going to see my pcp tomarrow so that should be good too.

'Herpie' :  if you want, could you tell me a little more about your exp'eriences with the seizure thing?

-amanda

Well, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, because you may get suggested and get the wrong diagnosis. Some people are just too easily talked into any disease (no kidding, it's actually quite scary).

Anyway, the seizures I was talking about were nothing like "normal" generalized seizures in "traditional", generalized epilepsy. No flopping around, no weird gestures or body movements or foaming or pissing around. It was just: smelling weird things (I mean, noticing smells that weren't there), horrible stomach aches not related to food, inability to sit still, anxiety (mainly physical, not mental), general complainfulness (not very surprising given the stomach aches), mild paranoia maybe. There were others too, but I don't remember them well.

The thing is, one symptom that made temporal lobe epilepsy diagnosis obviously very likely - olfactory hallucinations (= nonexisting smells) was completely overlooked by the first pdoc I had.

Oh, forgot about mild Alzheimerish memory/concentration problems - like paying in the shop and forgetting to take the bought stuff home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks ;)

It was constant, not spasm-like and sharp but more of a constant dull type.

Butterflies near the center of the body just below ribs (I forgot how that body place was called), too.

The Risperdal connection sounds like an uncommon, but totally likely, reaction (the phenomenon is well known, although it happens to significant minority, and those are usually people with pre-existing susceptibility to seizures).

The "fun" thing is that partial seizures may mimick psychosis in some people. Again, rare, but there are many documented cases.

Archived