CrazyBoards.org

Back to Cymbalta

Switching back to C.  I'm on 10mg of Lex which is the reccomended dose.  I've been on 10mg for about 2 months now.  My doc said I can up to 15mg or go back to Cymbalta.  I took the rx from him but then decided last night to switch back to C.  I was much happier on Cymbalta.  The only reason I got off it was b/c I hoped getting on Lex I could get off the C and klonopin.  But I had depression still on Lex.  It wasn't doing shit for that.  I just wasn't as happy on the Lex as Cymbalta.

I also have gained some weight back which I found out the other night.  I'm not very happy about that either.

A month before I started the Lex I also switched to a new birth control.  So now I'm not sure which was making me gain the weight.  ;)

Took 5mg of Lex today and addded 22.5mg of C.  We shall see what happens.  I have enough Cymabalta left over to last me through until my next appt.

What do you guys think?  Lex or BC caused weight gain?

First off - I think 10mg of lex is a pretty low dose.  I think 20 is standard.  Personally I was on 40. 

Secondly - Lex and the 'Balta affect different parts of the brain.  Lex is only serotonin, cym is serotonin and norepinephrine.  I do better on something that affects both.

(Is "affect" used correctly or should it be "effect" - I never know.)

10mg is the theraputic dose of Lexapro.  Haven't changed eating habits or exercise... Was also much happier on the C than I have been the past 2 months on Lex.

He wrote the rx to up to 15mg or I could switch to C.  Its best to taper so I don't have any s/e.  I never did when I tapered on C.

Null0 what are you on again?

Switching back to C.  I'm on 10mg of Lex which is the reccomended dose.  I've been on 10mg for about 2 months now.  My doc said I can up to 15mg or go back to Cymbalta.  I took the rx from him but then decided last night to switch back to C.  I was much happier on Cymbalta.  The only reason I got off it was b/c I hoped getting on Lex I could get off the C and klonopin.  But I had depression still on Lex.  It wasn't doing shit for that.  I just wasn't as happy on the Lex as Cymbalta.

I also have gained some weight back which I found out the other night.  I'm not very happy about that either.

A month before I started the Lex I also switched to a new birth control.  So now I'm not sure which was making me gain the weight.  ;)

Took 5mg of Lex today and addded 22.5mg of C.  We shall see what happens.  I have enough Cymabalta left over to last me through until my next appt.

What do you guys think?  Lex or BC caused weight gain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm a poor judge because I've gained weight on Cymbalta. But I think it's depression related. Cymbalta brought me up out of the abyss, but not far from the edge. I'm not happy. pdoc is aware, but I still think it's the best AD for me. I have these other pesky physical problems to get under control before it can be realistically ascertained whether I need to monkey with psych drugs.

I don't know anything about Lexapro, but BCs are notorious for weight gain, aren't they? I don't know much about those either however. I don't know much about nuttin. Except that, Gwen, it's Effect...lol...

FWIW...S9

I had already been on bcp for years but it was the same kind.  I decided to try the ring b/c I thought it would be easier... Well its totally focked up my cycle.  I feel bloated all the time even after my period stops. 

Most ADs are known to cause weight gain but for some reason C made me lose it.  I still look thin just not like I use to.  Thats what depresses me.  ;)

What does this mean?  Except that, Gwen, it's Effect...lol...

FWIW...S9

Archived