CrazyBoards.org

Excessively Long Post Disorder (and my reaction)

As some of you might (MIGHT?) have noticed, I write sometimes at great length.

Much more than anybody else around at the moment, anyhow. By far.

I never did get the hang of pith, telegraphic email style especially,  and maybe there are a FEW other little "issues" at work too (?loneliness, know-it-ally-ness, egomania,, shyness in a way, being a BAD AND HATEFUL PERSON WITH NO SOCIAL SENSE WHATSOEVER AND THE INTERNET EQUIVALENT OF EXTREME BAD BREATH AND WHO KNOWS HOW THIS COMES ACROSS IN REAL LIFE TOO? .oops leaping ahead of myself here)

It

rt, my posts can't be read in one sitting, often. I don't have a problem with long posts. Fleshing out the issue is a good thing, otherwise everyone asks a million questions anyway. I think sometimes when the post is long, those who get through it are going to have the best suggestions. Now that could just be because I adore people who can plow through my posts and have any sort of idea what I am talking about.

Plus, yours are funny! I seem to have lost my humor somewhere along the way, but I try to throw at least a little of that in there when I am writing a really long post.

Don't be insecure about being back. And don't feel bad about your old friends. I imagine they have issues occupying their time as well. I've been gone here and there, and when I just jump right in, things go well. When I start thinking no one cares, then it really seems that way and it doesn't do me any good.

So hang in there, keep posting and keep 'em long!!! If you want! It is true that we lose people when we write long posts, but many times that's just how I do things.

Take care and stay around,

Sam

Don't worry too much about the length of posts, you say things that are interesting and make sense. When I read your posts, I often think that you need to "sneak up" on the important things -- you can't just get to them directly. Sometimes people categorize this as "beating around the bush" the primary difference, though, is that you do eventually beat the bush itself. (How's that for a bizarre metaphor?) I do this myself sometimes, and try to solve it by writing everything out then going back, finding the "bush" and cutting out everything else.

The "email style" you mention may just be a question of desperate lack of time.

On the other hand, no one has ever accused me of brevity.

So, what did cause your absence? I had noticed and hoped you were getting some of the medical care/surgery you needed.

Fiona

On the other hand, no one has ever accused me of brevity.
***S9 giggles*** brevity, schmevity....

Fiona, btw, I don't know you well but you always seem concise to me! I guess it's a matter of perception for us all about everything under the sun. ***S9 frowns*** scary thought...

/tjack

finding the "bush" and cutting out everything else.

That sounds painful.  Wakka wakka!

Don't be too hard on yourself, RT.  It's a message board and it is where people should be able to express themselves.  I too get a bit offended if no one is responding to posts, but usually there will be at least a few who say "I couldn't read it all but..." 

Now I feel like I should make this post war & peace length to appease you.  But alas, I cannot.  Sorry. 

I admit that sometimes your posts are overwhelming to me, but never annoying.

I just sometimes have a very short attention span & have to just scan them or

skip them.  I remember you wrote me a very long post full of good, solid advice

when I needed it.  I remember things like that, and others do too.  So the good

news is everyone likes you.  The bad news is that you're paranoid. hehe. ;)

And scatty, 

many thanks for your  good feedback. Appreciate it - and also your remark about a previous reply I wrote you (which I do not actually recall, but I sure hope you feel better!  I generally write at lenth when I'm worried about someone.  Unless of course, I

RT,

I haven't found anything you've written either uninteresting or unintelligent, so rest easy.

Don't worry about post length. As long as you keep Velvet Elvis's advice in mind and throw in some paragraphs breaks every so often, the eyes can read it.

Keep posting!

Cheers,

A.M.

Heya rt,

Heheheh, long posts, soapboxes ... I'm having a yard sale on those.

And have you looked at Springer-land recently?

Like I said in the other thread (although I was pretty sad at the time  :)   ) you're interesting and articulate.

It's hard sometimes to read through long paragraphs, so like VE says, frequent paragraph breaks help.

And yah there are lots of loose threads around, which really sucks.  I guess the thing is we're all wackos.  So sometimes we can't answer, b/c it hurts.

Or, there's nothing intelligent I can say.

Or, whatever other reasons people have.

At any rate.

Nice to see you, and I hope you stay around.

I found a *great* deal on heavy-duty soapboxes, in lots of ten.  I'm good for three or four, so can I sign you up?  ;)

Take care and I'll seee you around the boards.

:P

--ncc--

I found a *great* deal on heavy-duty soapboxes, in lots of ten.  I'm good for three or four, so can I sign you up?  ;)
Oh Oh Oh Oh...I want heavy duty ones! I've gotten so fat that when I climb up on mine the wood makes scary creaking noises...How embarrassing to break one's soapbox while ON it....

S9

Hi RT,

No one Pms me either, in my whole time at crazymeds/crazytalk I think I've had four: one was to say my post had been moved, two were asking if I was the same Dan from another forum(which I wasn't) and one was a reply to one I sent. The last email I got was from my sister about three weeks ago- no body even sends me spam!

I find your posts really helpful and sometimes on weekends when I'm bored check what you've been up to on the non-sz boards and for once today I thought I could actually offer something by replying.

I don't know if I mentioned it on the boards but about three months ago my last friend left my state, so I have no one to do coffee with or dinner and my only place of refuge is here (I am signed up to a coupke of other boards buit they're even slower than the sz board here) so it's really impportant to have at least a couple of people here who take notice.

Most of the sz dxed members seem to have vanished from the sz board and the few people left that uuse it are mostly BP now so I appreciate someone who at least has someone close to them and understands the illness.

But I do wish you would share more of yourself! Or maybe you do on other boards and I just haven't found it.

Oh and for the record relating back to another thread I am most definately a hugger, I work with two year olds so I have to be.

This is the longest post I've written in a whiile.

hugs

Dan

rt, you've been very caring and kind to me personally, and i like you.

in general, no matter who the writer or the content, i can't seem to get through really long posts.  i don't have the concentration or something.  It's no reflection on the post itself, it's my own brain refusing to take it in due to depression or whatever.  It's no reflection on the writer.

Archived