😎

Had an appointment with pdoc yesterday.

Discussed the letter from the sleep doc who said if possible they'd like to see me on a different antipsychotic.  Zyprexa is being blamed by everyone for the sleep walking.

I also find I look at food and gain weight.  I've gained around 23, 24lbs.  

Pdoc did say ages ago that I could reduce zyprexa from 30mg.  I'm down to 20mg now.  

And the addition of zoloft has greatly improved my mood, and killed my intrusive thoughts.  I'm doing great.  

We discussed stopping zyprexa and going with rexulti.  I was hospitalized for suicidal thoughts when I was on Abilify, but looking back now those were OCD compulsion as I didn't actually want to die.  And zoloft is dealing with those.

So he said in the new year (doesn't want to change over the holidays, and wants me stable with zoloft a bit longer) I can go off zyprexa and onto rexulti.  I said we could go back on zyprexa if it doesn't work.  Perhaps have a zyprexa PRN (inspired by @Wonderful.Cheese).  

I hope this works.  My lipids are shockingly bad, and I'm so fat I can't see past my belly.

So fingers crossed!!!!  I am so excited!!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I hope it works for you!  As someone who just went back on zyprexa and gained five pounds in two weeks (I swear that I'm trying to fight the hunger, it's just a losing battle), I understand.  I just really like what it does for my brain. 

Thanks dances!  I have found the type II diabetes meds help with the hunger - the first few days I was on zyprexa I didn't have that and I was hungry all the time.  It was pretty awful.

It does do good for my brain.  I'm a bit nervous about the rexulti but cautiously hopeful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 7:25 AM, jarn said:

😎

Had an appointment with pdoc yesterday.

Discussed the letter from the sleep doc who said if possible they'd like to see me on a different antipsychotic.  Zyprexa is being blamed by everyone for the sleep walking.

I also find I look at food and gain weight.  I've gained around 23, 24lbs.  

Pdoc did say ages ago that I could reduce zyprexa from 30mg.  I'm down to 20mg now.  

And the addition of zoloft has greatly improved my mood, and killed my intrusive thoughts.  I'm doing great.  

We discussed stopping zyprexa and going with rexulti.  I was hospitalized for suicidal thoughts when I was on Abilify, but looking back now those were OCD compulsion as I didn't actually want to die.  And zoloft is dealing with those.

So he said in the new year (doesn't want to change over the holidays, and wants me stable with zoloft a bit longer) I can go off zyprexa and onto rexulti.  I said we could go back on zyprexa if it doesn't work.  Perhaps have a zyprexa PRN (inspired by @Wonderful.Cheese).  

I hope this works.  My lipids are shockingly bad, and I'm so fat I can't see past my belly.

So fingers crossed!!!!  I am so excited!!!!

Haha. I have the belly problem now. I can't imagine what I'd look like on 30mg of Zyprexa. 😐

• Like 1