what helps you sleep?

I also can't sleep in dead silence, so I have the radio on at a low volume.  Since it's summer now, I have a fan going too, and the combination provides a decent amount of background noise. 

Edited by MiaB

If I'm having trouble sleeping, I find moving to the couch helpful (dunno why).  I either stay out there for the night or like last night go back to bed in the middle of the night.  

Of course, I've been snoring a lot lately, so sometimes I just move to the couch to help Toby sleep.  

• Like 1

Boy, I wish i could figure out why I wake up.  I went to sleep after midnight last night and was awake again at 4 AM.  I don't do so well on 3 1/2 hours of sleep, and I do all the stuff they say to do.  sigh

I do take meds to help me sleep, but some other things I try to do:

........When I get in bed, I read a book for awhile to help me relax, then switch off the lamp for complete darkness in the bedroom

........White noise machine--this is similiar to what I use: https://yogasleep.com/products/dohmclassic?sscid=c1k5_gly1l&utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=2284878

........No caffiene after 3pm ( I admit that sometimes I miss the mark on this one, because I love coffee)

........Nothing to eat after about 6-7pm (I get in bed around 10-10:30pm)

.........No computer screens after 8pm

........Keep temp cool in bedroom.

These are basically things I aim for....I don't always get everything right, but these help.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

i currently avoid sleep

BUT, in my working life, it was a necessity

Also in my working life, I worked with 2 year olds. Work followed me home. Not by having work to do, or emails to answer. But it just mentally stuck 24/7

So, I blogged in a private blog upon getting home. Stream of consciousness outline of my work day. It released it a bit, helped me process my day. I think that helped slumber

I slept better in the following low stress mundane jobs. And no longer needed to outline my day blow by blow

2 hours ago, Gearhead said:

That’s kind of got an adorable Pied Piper mental image to it.

… Adorable? The Pied Piper kidnapped a village full of children in retaliation for being stiffed on a bill for services as an exterminator. None of the children he took were never seen again.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:04 AM, Cerberus said:

… Adorable? The Pied Piper kidnapped a village full of children in retaliation for being stiffed on a bill for services as an exterminator. None of the children he took were never seen again.

It was probably still cute to watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gearhead said:

It was probably still cute to watch.

Sort of related. Closest I can think of 

2 years old girl in my section, who had a baby brother 

One day the brother had a tummy bug. So was excluded from care (24 hrs after last loose motion, unless there is more than 3 cases in which case exclusion is 48 hours)

So mum worked from home with sick baby brother. Sister came to care 

On pick up. Mother had brother in car, couldn't leave him, couldn't legally bring him in to collect Sister 

So She rang from carpark and asked for delivery 

I got along really well with the Sister. But she was confronted with a concept she had never experienced. Me, outside the toddler section and yard. And she freaked