Sertraline/Zoloft - please help!!

So - pretty much everywhere on the internet, and all doctors and scientific literature say that Sertraline takes 4-6 weeks to take effect- like a ‘normal’ SSRI. 

however, in the Facebook Sertraline support group, a huge number of people say it takes 3 months to kick in. Even as much as 5!!!!!!!!!!

I’m now on day 38 - I was up and down, but gradually getting better until it just decided to cut out completely yesterday- leaving me suicidal and worse than I’ve ever been. 

anyone got any insight here? Will it kick back in again? How long does it take? Is it renowned for being a weird SSRI? 

thanks

7 hours ago, Bobby Jean said:

So - pretty much everywhere on the internet, and all doctors and scientific literature say that Sertraline takes 4-6 weeks to take effect- like a ‘normal’ SSRI. 

however, in the Facebook Sertraline support group, a huge number of people say it takes 3 months to kick in. Even as much as 5!!!!!!!!!!

I’m now on day 38 - I was up and down, but gradually getting better until it just decided to cut out completely yesterday- leaving me suicidal and worse than I’ve ever been. 

anyone got any insight here? Will it kick back in again? How long does it take? Is it renowned for being a weird SSRI? 

thanks

First question is what is your dose and how long have you been on that. Many docs will wait until 8 weeks to seriously reevaluate the plan. Typically if it is partial response the options are Max it out or add an adjunct medication.