WAIS

the maze runner

I want to ask my doctor to administer the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale test to me.

For as long as I can remember people have been telling me that I am 'intelligent'. First of all how do they know and secondly how do I kno they are not bullshitting me.

My doctor once said that I have high IQ but low EQ(he has not administered a test to me). 

In certain ways I think I am smart in other ways I am very average. For example my spatial skills are very bad but I have high ability to understand concepts. Like for example I really like mathematics. I don't like arithmetic but I like algebra.

My favorite topic in maths is the Fourier expansion. I can describe how a Fourier expansion is exactly like a vector decomposition in infinite dimensions if you think of a function as a vector in infinite dimensions and stuff like that. When I first encountered calculus I took to it like a fish takes to water. I went to the best technical institute in my country after clearing the entrance exam but got involved in self destructive activities and practically closed the door to an academic future. 

I now work as a software developer and feel like I am where I belong.

Now my question is will taking the WAIS help me understand my strengths and weaknesses.  I feel like I am good at some things and not so much in others.

2 hours ago, the maze runner said:

I want to ask my doctor to administer the Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale test to me.

Now my question is will taking the WAIS help me understand my strengths and weaknesses.  I feel like I am good at some things and not so much in others.

No harm in asking your doc (pdoc?) about taking the test...

The WAIS is intended to measure intellectual functioning, and incorporates verbal, analogical, sequential, and quantitative reasoning, as well as working memory, and psychomotor processing speed.

Maybe the test could give you some insight on strengths and weaknesses......I took it about 8 yrs ago, because my pdoc at the time requested it.

Edited by CrazyRedhead