CrazyBoards.org

secret time limit

undone

Hello, I'm new here.

Just checking before I get in trouble...is there a secret (unwritten) time limit for replying to posts/threads on this site?

I've encountered this problem on more than one board. They call it "reviving zombie threads", and claim it's upsetting to some, undisclosed, other users if you reply after a certain, undisclosed, length of time. I'd like to know if this secret rule exists here, before I get publicly shamed by a moderator.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I don’t know of any rule but if you have a question it could get lost so sometimes it is good to start a new post. I do know what you mean about people getting upset over reviving old posts or reposting questions. I have not had issues here.  Nice to meet you.

• Like 1

There is no "secret rule" here.  Sometimes though, people will respond to a thread that is several years old, and the original poster has long left CB.  You can always verify that by clicking on the OP's profile, which will show their last visited date.  If you still want to add to the discussion, that is fine, but if you are writing specifically in expectation of a response from the OP, you may be disappointed.  That is really the only thing I would suggest keeping in mind.  

But we are not out to get you, and are glad to have you join us.  Please feel free to contact me or one of the other mods if you would like clarity on this or anything else.

Mia

Edited by MiaB
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, you guys! I'm usually okay at following written rules. It's the unwritten ones I disobey.

I'm used to people not responding, whether they got my message or not as everyone is so busy these days...so I won't complain about that. 

That's a good point about asking a question, confused. I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you again! Take it easy.

14 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

We're shameless here. Kind of pottymouthed, too. Don't be shocked at anything.

Is it my imagination or does flue follow up every use of "cunt" with a justification for saying cunt? Or something to generally acknowledge that yes, he did say cunt

1 hour ago, DogMan said:

Is it my imagination or does flue follow up every use of "cunt" with a justification for saying cunt? Or something to generally acknowledge that yes, he did say cunt

I think you asked that just so you could say 'cunt' three times yourself. He's a corrupting influence, isn't he? Absolute menace.

Actually, I think he's just the sort of person who likes to underline things for emphasis, and he just uses a marker with a wide tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

I think you asked that just so you could say 'cunt' three times yourself. He's a corrupting influence, isn't he? Absolute menace.

Actually, I think he's just the sort of person who likes to underline things for emphasis, and he just uses a marker with a wide tip.

I tried for 4, but it read wrong 

• Haha 1