Why is making mistakes (at work) or in general such a big deal for folks with ocpd?? Is it due to been perfectionistic and not been "perfect" 

Is it the anxiety that surrounds it? (Thinking people will think less of them)?

Is it the thought of humiliation?? Or is it a combination of all of this and more??

I dont have the answers all i know is that if i make any mistake at work regardless of if its even trivial it eats away at me like i cannot even describe...It will play on my mind constantly and even interupt sleep..

Anyone offer some insight? 

i have a fixation about appearing competent at work. anything i do that i feel makes me look incompetent destroys me. it takes a lot of mindfulness and talking it out with tdoc to remind myself that one incident does not represent the whole of what i am capable of. personally i think it's because my sense of my own value and self-worth comes from my work, and when i can't even do my work right, i'm not worth anything at all.

i think disappointing people i look up to (my bosses) also plays into it.

i encourage you to break down what in particular is bothering you and ask yourself whether your train of thought is rational. personally i find myself seeing myself at fault when really i have nothing to do with an incident. i also beat myself up for not foreseeing problems at work and taking appropriate preventative action in the past. neither of these are really rational reasons to be upset, but it's hard to get myself out of the thought loop when i'm in it.

sedatives are invaluable to me for turning off my brain at night.