CrazyBoards.org

I've been "stable" for more than 2 years. Then something in my brain went wrong mid-January 2022. My pdoc increased the depakote from 1250 to 1500. Note the last blood test (sometime 2021) was less than theraputic. But since I was doing so well we decided to stay at 1250. I had another blood test beginning of Feb 2022 after I'd been on 1500 for 2 weeks and I was within range. 

Long story short - I've been on depakote since 2013. The highest dosage was around 1700 at one point. 

I can't take lithium = kidneys. I  refuse lamitical = I've had enough rashes to warrant emergency trips. I tried Tegretol and that made me more dizzy than my current state. 

The past 2 days the dizziness is really there & bothersome. I've actually been stable enough to work and on the drive home I thought I was going to be car sick (and that has never happened in my life)! 

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to write in a place where people know what I'm talking about. 

DB

Just now, decemberbrigette said:

i don't know all these new fancy features - please disregard me replying to myself. 

11 hours ago, decemberbrigette said:

I've been "stable" for more than 2 years. Then something in my brain went wrong mid-January 2022. My pdoc increased the depakote from 1250 to 1500. Note the last blood test (sometime 2021) was less than theraputic. But since I was doing so well we decided to stay at 1250. I had another blood test beginning of Feb 2022 after I'd been on 1500 for 2 weeks and I was within range. 

Long story short - I've been on depakote since 2013. The highest dosage was around 1700 at one point. 

I can't take lithium = kidneys. I  refuse lamitical = I've had enough rashes to warrant emergency trips. I tried Tegretol and that made me more dizzy than my current state. 

The past 2 days the dizziness is really there & bothersome. I've actually been stable enough to work and on the drive home I thought I was going to be car sick (and that has never happened in my life)! 

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to write in a place where people know what I'm talking about. 

DB

Is there any way you could play with dose timing? Do you take it in split doses? 

DB - Glad to hear you've been doing well. Lots of folks have had "something go wrong with their brain" over the last couple of years, so you're distinctly not alone - do you think the issue is circumstantial, original-condition-relapse-related, or could you possibly have had a symptomless case of COVID that triggered something?

Hi All, 

Thank you each for your input!

I never got COVID during the past 2 years (tested several different times) which does give me FOMO very much. I have the government issued antigen tests and I did one Tuesday morning - it was negative. I still had the dizziness through Thursday. 

Along with the dizziness, I got hit with a fairly horrible headache late Tuesday that lasted through Thursday. I know the headaches are not related to any of my meds because I've had these types of headaches prior to meds. 

As of today, Friday, the dizziness and headache are gone. So I'm guessing this wasn't med related. 

db