Serious mood

Recently I complained of depression to my pdoc and he raised methyphenidate to 54mg. Ever since that it has been only three days my cognition is multiple orders of magnitude better but my mood is also less frivolous and more serious. I used to watch a lot of funny shit on youtube now I don't feel like doing that rather I am playing chess all the time. It seems like I think there is nothing to joke around in the world and my mood is very serious.

Another thing worth noting is that earlier when i was taking 30mg then it was very activating but 54mg is actually the opposite rather it is calming and feel like more serious.

• Like 1

I often find myself overly serious/ borderline obsessive on Ritalin. It jacks up focus/ drive so you become single minded on a "mission". I have to be *very* intentional when it kicks in, because I can easily get too absorbed (and time-blind) on the "wrong tasks" if you know what I mean (organizing & vacuuming out crumbs from kitchen junk drawer & the like). I still avoid all big important tasks, but have drive to complete the most arbitrary / useless ones!!!

I also have been feeling more lethargic / drowsy on it (beyond calming). It's really hit or miss, but I'm afraid to stop taking it and crash into a worse depression. Maybe dose is too high?  Do you take it everyday or just for work?

Edited by Blahblah

I have decided to pursue CCNA certification(Cisco Certified Networking Associate)

Probably a better choice than chess 🤣

EDIT: So far I have been working in software which is boring. This will give me an opportunity to work with hardware like routers and switches and configuring them. Maybe I will work with some ISP after I obtain the certification.

Edited by the maze runner
  • Like 1