CrazyBoards.org

Ritalin vs Adderall

I am doing well on Ritalin(54 mg SR) however just want to know if Adderall would be even better for cognition. Overwhelmingly positive reviews and reports pretty much suggest that it is a magic drug.

I have no reason to believe that I can be prescribed Adderall or the views of my pdoc about this but just want to know how it compares with Ritalin so that maybe I can bring this up with my pdoc.

I've also heard about some tolerance issues especially with Adderall so also want to know if that is a real concern.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by the maze runner

11 hours ago, the maze runner said:

I've also heard about some tolerance issues especially with Adderall so also want to know if that is a real concern.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, tolerance issues can happen with Adderall....This a good article I found about it:

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/12/28/adderall-tolerance-causes-how-to-prevent-it/

Of course, tolerance can happen with Ritalin as well:

https://www.drugs.com/tips/methylphenidate-patient-tips

From what I have read, different pdocs do have their own personal limits on prescribing stimulant meds, in other words, they won't go over a certain dosage that they are comfortable prescribing.

If I remember correctly, the max recommended dosage of Adderall is 60mg/day.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

On 4/4/2022 at 1:00 AM, the maze runner said:

Hmm 

Oh Shit!

Yes there is no getting away from tolerance it seems.

I know some people will temporarily back off their dose during times of needing less brainpower to combat tolerance. My pdoc has me at 60 but is fine if I can get through a day without all of it. Of course, at most times lowering the dose isn’t really an option