Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Bear your soul. Shake those big 5.


Recommended Posts

621570568_Screenshot2022-04-11144517.thumb.png.eea638bf7712cf3e80e4bd57a68db905.png

Anyone want to share theirs? https://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/ I mean my results are a bit extreme. I didn't think I was that extreme but I'm also not surprised. Extreme in this case doesn't mean interesting at all, it means avoid that weirdo. We're looking at psychometric tests at the moment, which is why I happened to do this. I also did the MBTI, which is horseshit but INTJ-T if you wanted to know. Turbulent me. In the top percentile for negative emotionality. Also called neuroticism sometimes. Not a big surprise there. I do have my doubts about such tests though. Does anyone know who they really are? The self is just a delusion we invent to make sense of our behaviour. Do we really exist in any meaningful sense? Now this sounds negative but maybe it isn't (in some vague way where an idea of freedom triumphs against nihilism). I'm not that disagreeable. I don't find it easy to express irritation with others on most occasions. Can't punch everyone I disagree with. It's exhausting. I've never punched anyone. I'm very patient and non-judgemental. I think. This of all things annoyed me. Extreme ends of negative emotionality, conscientiousness and introversion. Fair enough. But don't say I'm disagreeable you c*nt. Yes I'm mostly joking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There. For what it's worth. Everything at the extremes, naturally, because the Cerberus Little Wonder™ Analytic-O-Matic Positronic Brain shipped without a regulator. Oh, that's just an excuse. The truth is, if I were actually human, I would have ended up at least partly somewhere in the middle where all the Homo sapiens belong. But, no. The scores would likely have been even more outward, except I tried to hedge my self-assessment in the direction of assuming I might not be as severely predisposed to something as I believed. Yet there we are.

image.png

As far as your own result, I would view it with a degree of skepticism; you are without doubt symptomatic, and your self-assessment, even at the best of times is untrustworthy. Currently, I expect your answers to the questions about yourself are unduly harsh and unforgiving. For example, I don't buy your Conscientiousness score for a moment, and I suspect your Extraversion score is what it is because you haven't given yourself credit for the time you've spent lately reaching out to spend time with people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2FC15FD5-EF50-4958-9ADA-8D0E057FB038.thumb.jpeg.e2fe682815e2d001ebe4f8cf8ee12f1b.jpeg

wow, a lot more centered than I thought. I think it would be a cool experiment to retake when symptomatic and see if there’s change, given that these are personality traits and should theoretically not vary too much. The extrovert score was surprising, but I’ve been working a lot and since that involves interacting all day my brain might be set there. Also, I guess it’s possible to not actually have many friends but still be an extrovert 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Do we really exist in any meaningful sense? Now this sounds negative but maybe it isn't (in some vague way where an idea of freedom triumphs against nihilism).

I think you need to read Kierkegaard. Søren Kierkegaard expounded that despair and anxiety are central to the human experience, and that we must make choices based on free will in spite of our anxiety and despair. If you find yourself asking whether we exist, it’s probably time to start reading the writings of the pioneering Existentialists. Don’t start with Sartre, however, or you’ll never get anywhere - Sartre’s writing is…mot reader-friendly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I think you need to read Kierkegaard. Søren Kierkegaard expounded that despair and anxiety are central to the human experience, and that we must make choices based on free will in spite of our anxiety and despair. If you find yourself asking whether we exist, it’s probably time to start reading the writings of the pioneering Existentialists. Don’t start with Sartre, however, or you’ll never get anywhere - Sartre’s writing is…mot reader-friendly.

Poor Søren. It was about a woman wasn't it? All the stuff about being able to commit to christianity but maybe the fact that he couldn't connectto the human race is more important. Not that this means that there's not some truth to be found in his fear and trembling. The prejudices of philosophers. Is an objective view of life possible?

21 hours ago, Cerberus said:

you are without doubt symptomatic, and your self-assessment, even at the best of times is untrustworthy.

It is a criticism about the test. Self-reported and most people have unrealistic opinions about themselves. Usually positive - most people think that they're above average in every way, which is impossible. Other people dump on themselves and underestimate their worth. I am feeling less symptomatic now, possibly for real this time. I haven't thought about killing myself for a couple of days now. Progress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Iceberg said:

2FC15FD5-EF50-4958-9ADA-8D0E057FB038.thumb.jpeg.e2fe682815e2d001ebe4f8cf8ee12f1b.jpeg

wow, a lot more centered than I thought. I think it would be a cool experiment to retake when symptomatic and see if there’s change, given that these are personality traits and should theoretically not vary too much. The extrovert score was surprising, but I’ve been working a lot and since that involves interacting all day my brain might be set there. Also, I guess it’s possible to not actually have many friends but still be an extrovert 

Boo! extroverted. Nah I'm kidding. I don't know how seriously to take these results but it's interesting to see what other people got so thanks for sharing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah bare not bear. Just noticed. Bear your soul. Catch salmon with your mouth and then kill some hikers. No, don't do that.

People all seem to be more agreeable than me, the c*nts. Sorry. Yeah I just thought it would be funny. It's saying things like this which makes me so disagreeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...