CrazyBoards.org

"not anxious" versus tired

so, somewhat random question but it pertains to mental health...

I've recently started a morning dose of saphris and my pdoc wanted me to keep an eye on whether it made me too drowsy.

Initially, I thought it might be making me tired...but then I started to wonder if it really was just making me not anxious and that I'm so used to being anxious that I confused the absence of that nervous energy as tired.

so long as I can stand it, it isn't a huge deal...but it may influence whether we increase the morning dose. 

does this question make sense to anyone?  how do you go about discerning between the two?  I've tried to lay down to nap and found myself not at all able to fall asleep, which is what got me wondering. 

Edited by dancesintherain

I'm not sure.  

It makes sense to me.  Kind of like how I thought I wasn't depressed at all, we added zoloft for intrusive thoughts (which it works great for) and then holy shit, I was depressed and no longer am!  It was like waking up from a long sleep or something.  

But sometimes I have trouble reading stuff like that.  So it could be very possible.

As an aside, today was my first morning dose of saphris...I took it at 6am when I woke up, and 4 hours later 'THE DOGS HAVEN'T GONE OUT' 

On 4/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, dancesintherain said:

so, somewhat random question but it pertains to mental health...

I've recently started a morning dose of saphris and my pdoc wanted me to keep an eye on whether it made me too drowsy.

Initially, I thought it might be making me tired...but then I started to wonder if it really was just making me not anxious and that I'm so used to being anxious that I confused the absence of that nervous energy as tired.

so long as I can stand it, it isn't a huge deal...but it may influence whether we increase the morning dose. 

does this question make sense to anyone?  how do you go about discerning between the two?  I've tried to lay down to nap and found myself not at all able to fall asleep, which is what got me wondering. 

Interesting! I don’t know what to say about this. I could see this as a possibility though! I hope it won’t make you tired.

I do know that saphris made me tired when I took it. I took 10 mg twice daily and also I tried all 20 mg at bedtime. It made me gain a lot of weight though. Which is too bad because it was an ok med for my head. Not as good as Zyprexa zydis though (which in the zydis form doesn’t make me gain weight). I tried saphris multiple times too. I hope it works for you dances! Good luck!

thanks cheese and jarn.  I've decided that it makes me both tired and calm.  Rather than one or the other. 

I'm waiting to see if I adapt to it for the tiredness.  Because I like what it does in general.

It doesn't impact my appetite at this point. 

If it helps, I seem to have adapted - that or I was just particularly knocked out Saturday morning.  But I've slept meh and been functional even after my morning dose.