Aplexin not in formulary, decrease abilify?

I told my psychiatrist my sleep is erratic.  I have trouble waking and can sleep all day. Then, other days I have trouble staying asleep.  The bigger issue is the tiredness.  He suggested switching Wellbutrin 400mg, 450 mg to Aplexin 522. It is the same med, extended release, but higher dose. Then, I checked my insurance pricing and it is not covered.  He had also suggested decreasing abilify since my mood is good and I have not had psychotic symptoms lately. I am a little nervous to make that change.  I tend to get agitated but if I would be more wakeful and possibly less hungry it would be good.  I guess wish me luck.

Edited by confused

10 minutes ago, confused said:

I told my psychiatrist my sleep is erratic.  I have trouble waking and can sleep all day. Then, other days I have trouble staying asleep.  The bigger issue is the tiredness.  He suggested switching Wellbutrin 400mg to Aplexin 522. It is the same med, extended release, but higher dose. Then, I checked my insurance pricing and it is not covered.  He had also suggested decreasing abilify since my mood is good and I have not had psychotic symptoms lately. I am a little nervous to make that change.  I tend to get agitated but if I would be more wakeful and possibly less hungry it would be good.  I guess wish me luck.

What about going to 450 of XL wellbutrin? They are theoretically supposed to be near equivalent in efficacy 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

What about going to 450 of XL wellbutrin? They are theoretically supposed to be near equivalent in efficacy 

I screwed up. I take 450 mg Wellbutrin.  He seemed to think the change would make a difference.