CrazyBoards.org

I have been using 150 mgs of trazadone nightly for Restless Leg Syndrome and help sleeping through, had to dc mirtazapine and Seroquel nine months ago because it triggers RLS. I've been feeling so hungover, especially since I started Klonopin for RLS seven months ago, too with gabapentin and clonidine. ANYTHING TO suppress RLS. I would cut A limb off If that would rid me of it which is why I've been putting up with side effects of said meds, but RLS is another topic Problem is I don't even feel awake until 2:00 p.m...I take it around 11:00 p.m.. Last night I forgot to take it and didn't have bad hangover effects. I need to taper this stuff, achy joints, muscle pain and spasms in my and foot and calves. Does anyone else experience this with trazadone? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lesley Thomas said:

I need to taper this stuff, achy joints, muscle pain and spasms in my and foot and calves. Does anyone else experience this with trazadone? 

How long have you been taking Trazodone?......I've been taking it quite a while now for insomnia....Can't sleep without it.

I do have a bit of a "hangover" in the morning, but a couple of cups of coffee takes care of that for me.....Haven't had any problems with achy joints or muscle spasms though.

Have you told your doc about the side effects you've been having?.....If you haven't, might be a good idea to do so.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 5:24 PM, CrazyRedhead said:

How long have you been taking Trazodone?......I've been taking it quite a while now for insomnia....Can't sleep without it.

I do have a bit of a "hangover" in the morning, but a couple of cups of coffee takes care of that for me.....Haven't had any problems with achy joints or muscle spasms though.

Have you told your doc about the side effects you've been having?.....If you haven't, might be a good idea to do so.

Thank you very much. I too drink coffee to rid myself of hangover effects. Can't sleep without it now I think it is the clonazepam more than the trazodone. I did tell Doc, she said to take it earlier, but...

6 hours ago, Lesley Thomas said:

Thank you very much. I too drink coffee to rid myself of hangover effects. Can't sleep without it now I think it is the clonazepam more than the trazodone. I did tell Doc, she said to take it earlier, but...

Are the side effects from Trazodone and/or clonazepam, bothering you so much that you'd like to taper off?........Sometimes with medications, you have to decide if the benefits you get from a medication are worth putting up with the side effects.

Edited by CrazyRedhead