Please move this if this is not the right space to post this. However I feel lately as though every time I get high I totally head trip and start kicking my own ass all over the damn place for something that I did for acting in a certain way when I was not high. Honest I hate my brain passionately sometimes

12 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Please move this if this is not the right space to post this. However I feel lately as though every time I get high I totally head trip and start kicking my own ass all over the damn place for something that I did for acting in a certain way when I was not high. Honest I hate my brain passionately sometimes

What are you using to get "high"..?.......I'm assuming marijuana?.......

• Like 1

I'm going to be completely blunt and ask what sort of response you are looking for here.  Advice on how to get high without negative side effects? Because that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

What are you using to get "high"..?.......I'm assuming marijuana?.......

Yes. Weed

35 minutes ago, MiaB said:

I'm going to be completely blunt and ask what sort of response you are looking for here.  Advice on how to get high without negative side effects? Because that's not going to happen.

Fair enough. I use it for sleep

I just feel like when I smoke weed all of my veils are lifted and the truth of everything comes to surface. I dissociate quite a bit and don't cope with things very well so when I smoke weed it's like everything that I've pushed down deep inside starts floating to the surface

Imagine that a person drinks a cup of warm milk every evening to promote sleep. Unfortunately, that person is lactose-intolerant, and gets gastric distress every time the milk is drunk. The milk as a sleep aid is therefore contraindicated. If the marijuana you use for sleep causes you distress, it sounds as though the simple solution would be for you to not get high and intentionally place your brain in a cognitively impaired state. This is s totally self-inflicted problem.

It could also suggest that you have issues that you are repressing and not facing that actually have nothing to do with getting high, and you might benefit from some therapeutic help to work out and resolve what those are so that when the ‘veil’ is lifted there will be nothing hiding behind it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Imagine that a person drinks a cup of warm milk every evening to promote sleep. Unfortunately, that person is lactose-intoletant, and get gastric distress every time the milk is drunk. The milk as a sleep aid is therefore contraindicated. If the marijuana you use for sleep causes you distress, it sounds as though the simple solution would be for you to not get high and intentionally place your brain in a cognitively impaired state. This is s totally self-inflicted problem.

It could also suggest that you have issues that you are repressing and not facing that actually have nothing to do with getting high, and you might benefit from some therapeutic help to work out and resolve what those are do that when the ‘veil’ is lifted there will be nothing hiding behind it.

Brutal honesty. Just what I needed. Man I'm a mess.

Many thanks ☺

1 hour ago, deeschmee said:

Yes. Weed

Fair enough. I use it for sleep

I just feel like when I smoke weed all of my veils are lifted and the truth of everything comes to surface. I dissociate quite a bit and don't cope with things very well so when I smoke weed it's like everything that I've pushed down deep inside starts floating to the surface

Just something else I'd like to point out--Marijuana can interact with some psychiatric medications, including sleep medications.

• Like 1