Abandonment Trauma

Being an adoptee as well as having an abusive mentally ill adoptive parent has my brain messed up. I've only dated abusive people and withdrawn into myself. I trust no one.

Now I have a wonderful caring man who understands my past. Whenever I spend time with him it's hard to leave him. I feel the abandonment all over again. It doesn't make sense but it hits me harder each time. I know I'll see him soon, but I don't want to leave. I don't want to be clingy either. 

1 hour ago, deeschmee said:

Now I have a wonderful caring man who understands my past. 

Not trying to be judgemental or anything like that, but is this man the one you mentioned in a previous thread, who gets loud and obnoxious when he drinks excessively?..............Or is this a different man?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Not trying to be judgemental or anything like that, but is this man the one you mentioned in a previous thread, who gets loud and obnoxious when he drinks excessively?..............Or is this a different man?

Yes he is. However he was very open to discussing his drinking with me. I'm glad you brought that up though. I struggle with deciphering what's normal or dysfunctional within relationship

• Like 1

• 3 months later...