Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

New Roomate


deeschmee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Decided I needed one. So about two months ago let my previous co-worker move in.

One night a few weeks ago I was woken around 1am to a loud thud against our shared wall. When I asked him what happened he exclaimed "I don't know, I don't know. I'm going to bed now." I think he was drunk. Tonight at 12:30 am I wake up to a loud noise in the hallway and he is trying to put a picture back on the wall saying that he bumped the wall and it fell. He was obviously very drunk and started to cry saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I'm pretty sure he drinks whiskey all night after work.

What do I do? Do I give him another chance? He's so mild and meek and apologetic, but I need my sleep. 

(In case this info has any importance-his car died and he's getting rides to work)

Edited by deeschmee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Decided I needed one. So about two months ago let my previous co-worker move in.

One night a few weeks ago I was woken around 1am to a loud thud against our shared wall. When I asked him what happened he exclaimed "I don't know, I don't know. I'm going to bed now." I think he was drunk. Tonight at 12:30 am I wake up to a loud noise in the hallway and he is trying to put a picture back on the wall saying that he bumped the wall and it fell. He was obviously very drunk and started to cry saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I'm pretty sure he drinks whiskey all night after work.

What do I do? Do I give him another chance? He's so mild and meek and apologetic, but I need my sleep. 

(In case this info has any importance-his car died and he's getting rides to work)

I'll be brutally honest---If it were me in this situation, I wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior......I think you have enough to deal with, without having a drunk for a roommate.

Having dealt with several drunks in the past, in my experience, they're almost always going to cry and say they're sorry....But they're not sorry enough to stop their drunken behavior.

If I were you, I'd give him 30 days notice to get out--sounds harsh, I know, but these kinds of people are hard to live with, and I don't think you deserve or need to put up with this type of behavior......If you give him another "chance", he'll always be asking for more chances.

Just my opinion based on sad experiences.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I'll be brutally honest---If it were me in this situation, I wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior......I think you have enough to deal with, without having a drunk for a roommate.

Having dealt with several drunks in the past, in my experience, they're almost always going to cry and say they're sorry....But they're not sorry enough to stop their drunken behavior.

If I were you, I'd give him 30 days notice to get out--sounds harsh, I know, but these kinds of people are hard to live with, and I don't think you deserve or need to put up with this type of behavior......If you give him another "chance", he'll always be asking for more chances.

Just my opinion based on sad experiences.

Yes, yes and yes. I think I knew this but don't know me the words.

Do I mention his drinking? Or just say its not working out? He's the type to put it all over Facebook too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, deeschmee said:

Yes, yes and yes. I think I knew this but don't know me the words.

Do I mention his drinking? Or just say its not working out? He's the type to put it all over Facebook too

If he's the childish type that will throw a tantrum on FB, just tell him it's not working out....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...