Does anyone have experience with these and (especially) know how to conquer or control these?

Getting thoughts that are not yours, not generated by you, that are implanted into your head? It’s not the same as hearing a voice, for me. It’s actually foreign and planted and jammed into my head. I didn’t create/originate these at all.

I am wondering how to best conquer these. I’m assuming that the universe is against me and is to blame, as per usual (trying to destroy me).

12 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Does anyone have experience with these and (especially) know how to conquer or control these?

Getting thoughts that are not yours, not generated by you, that are implanted into your head? It’s not the same as hearing a voice, for me. It’s actually foreign and planted and jammed into my head. I didn’t create/originate these at all.

I am wondering how to best conquer these. I’m assuming that the universe is against me and is to blame, as per usual (trying to destroy me).

I do have problems with obsessive thoughts, but I know they are generated by my own head, due to my OCD.

Personally, I don't have any experience with getting thoughts "implanted" into my head that aren't mine.....Have you told your pdoc or tdoc about these implanted thoghts?.........How long have they been happening?

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

i, too, have problems with obsessive ruminations that i wish weren't there associated with generalized anxiety disorder, but i am fully aware that my mind is responsible and nothing has been 'implanted'.

i would echo what crazyredhead said and contact your psychiatrist as this, as described, sounds like a manifestation your illness itself.

Edited by basuraeuropea
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your helpful words. This helps me. And I’m sorry you guys have symptoms whether they be an obsessive nature or something like the thought broadcasting nature.

7 hours ago, DogMan said:

thought insertion.

@DogMan I’m assuming this is a formal or I guess “Dr” term for this? I think I’ve heard it before but it’s been a really long time. I’ll have to look it up again. Thank you for the info/terminology. This helps me pinpoint things better.

• Like 2

Sorry was away for the long weekend, just catching up.  I've had both thought broadcasting, and thought insertion but I'm having trouble remembering what exactly happened then - broadcasting is way more common for me.  Nice catch @DogMan

I agree this is what it sounds like.

Have you given any thought to something that helps with agitation?  When I get like this I am highly agitated.  Loxapine was very helpful for me when I first started it and was in a similar kind of situation.  Not saying that for you per se, but something to consider, something to help agitation.  For me it didn't make things go away, it just calmed me down so much it was such relief.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...