CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

So how do I spend time with people who drink.....and NOT drink?

Just drink non-alcoholic drinks, like soda, fruit juice, ice tea, lemonade, etc......If these people don't respect your choice not to drink alcohol, maybe re-think who you are going to hang out with.....

Personally, I choose not to drink alcohol, because my doctor said it could interact with my psych meds, and the people I know who do drink, respect my choice.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

this is not useful or anything

but reminds me of university days. I'd get invited to parties and not drink

one night, it was decided that we would all take turns signing happy birthday to b'day girl

being not-drunk, i was still very conscious of my bad singing. So, I did mine as a strip tease to distract from my singing

apparently the non drinker doing a strip tease was the only part of the night the drinkers remembered

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DogMan said:

this is not useful or anything

but reminds me of university days. I'd get invited to parties and not drink

one night, it was decided that we would all take turns signing happy birthday to b'day girl

being not-drunk, i was still very conscious of my bad singing. So, I did mine as a strip tease to distract from my singing

apparently the non drinker doing a strip tease was the only part of the night the drinkers remembered

That takes a lot of courage...or just not giving a crap!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, deeschmee said:

So how do I spend time with people who drink.....and NOT drink?

I am 1.5 years sober now. I order soda when people around me order booze. I like the caffeine! Or I’ll order a fancy non-alcoholic drink like a non-alcoholic margarita.

CRH is right. My drs have also warned me that alcohol can interact with and make psych meds not work as well. Plus my drs have also warned me that alcohol can negatively affect my mental health conditions too. It’s not worth it for me anymore.

Good luck on your journey!

• Like 3