CrazyBoards.org

I used to take deplin but it is expensive so I switched to buying the generic.  It is the same compound but lower dose. 

I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping. I thought it might be the change in abilify dosage but I visited my sister with no supplements and I slept well

I am wondering if the folate is interfering with my sleep. I take it with iron. I take synthroid in the am and can't take with iron. I could switch to midday. I take meds am and pm so that would be an adjustment.

It is weird  I am wide awake at 3 am and now I am exhausted. 

Any ideas?

so, i recently started taking another vitamin from the b family, b12, and it really interfered with my sleep, so i take in the morning now and it's not nearly as bad. i kinda can't pinpoint it conclusively on b12 as i also started lamictal around the same time, but i'm pretty sure it's b12.

perhaps taking folate first thing in the morning would help? or taking a lower amount?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, confused said:

I used to take deplin but it is expensive so I switched to buying the generic.  It is the same compound but lower dose. 

I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping. I thought it might be the change in abilify dosage but I visited my sister with no supplements and I slept well

I am wondering if the folate is interfering with my sleep. I take it with iron. I take synthroid in the am and can't take with iron. I could switch to midday. I take meds am and pm so that would be an adjustment.

It is weird  I am wide awake at 3 am and now I am exhausted. 

Any ideas?

I used to take the generic folate too,  as a supplement, but had to stop taking it due to trouble sleeping......My doc suggested taking it in the morning, but that didn't help, for me personally..

According to this article from WebMd, insomnia can be a side effect of taking large amounts of folate:

https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-folic-acid#:~:text=Folic acid is generally regarded,bloating%2C gas%2C and insomnia.

I don't know how much folate you are taking, but the recommended daily intake for adults is 400 mcg.....Pregnant women do need more folate, about 400-1000 mcg per day.....It also says in this article that oral use of folate can cause sleep pattern disturbances:     .https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-folate/art-20364625

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1