Not sure why. Doc has rx-ed Vortioxetine now and removed Fluoxetine. I complained of depression. I also read somehwere vortioxetine is not just an antidepressant but is also an antipsychotic.

Not sure why the change is there but ok I can feel slightly better now.

39 minutes ago, the maze runner said:

I also read somehwere vortioxetine is not just an antidepressant but is also an antipsychotic.

it's not an antipsychotic. it doesn't antagonize dopamine at all. it's a serotonin reputake inhibitor and modulator.

40 minutes ago, the maze runner said:

Not sure why the change is there but ok I can feel slightly better now.

if you feel better, then it's working!

• Like 1

I read that here actually was skeptical too but appaently it says here its an AP

Vortioxetine (Trintellix™, Brintellix™) is a prescription antipsychotic and antidepressant medication used to treat major depressive disorder in adults. Vortioxetine targets the neurotransmitter serotonin, which can affect mood, memory, and other cognitive functions [1]. It appears to improve multiple aspects of cognitive function in people with depression, though evidence for its effects in healthy adults is currently lacking. Short-term studies have reported good safety profiles in people with depression, though some drug interactions are known.

8 hours ago, the maze runner said:

It appears to improve multiple aspects of cognitive function in people with depression, though evidence for its effects in healthy adults is currently lacking.

This part of the source you cite does not give it much credence. It basically says, “we think it might do this, but there’s actually no evidence to prove it.” That would classify it, then, as far as I can see, as wishful thinking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the maze runner said:

I read that here actually was skeptical too but appaently it says here its an AP

What is the source for this?......Vortioxetine is not an AP.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

19 minutes ago, the maze runner said:

Not sure it showed up as one of those questions that Google suggests

It navigates to this site

https://www.alzdiscovery.org/cognitive-vitality/ratings/vortioxetine

Hmm...not familiar with that site....

According to drugs.com, it is classfied as a "miscellaneous antidepressant".

https://www.drugs.com/tips/trintellix-patient-tips

Quote from drugs.com:

• "Trintellix is classified as a miscellaneous antidepressant, although some classify it as an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and a serotonin receptor modulator."
Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1