So I'm currently taking 10mg of haldol in the morning and 10mg in the evening.  On Friday night (two days ago), I started having brief and quiet hallucinations.  They went away--but their emergence again has me concerned. 

Anyone familiar with haldol dosing?  Dr. Google suggests that I have room to go up and that you can increase until a maximum of 100mg...but that seems pretty high.  so any personal experiences?

I'll tell the people in the PHP that I'm in, but just curious whether anyone had tried going higher. 

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

So I'm currently taking 10mg of haldol in the morning and 10mg in the evening.  On Friday night (two days ago), I started having brief and quiet hallucinations.  They went away--but their emergence again has me concerned. 

Anyone familiar with haldol dosing?  Dr. Google suggests that I have room to go up and that you can increase until a maximum of 100mg...but that seems pretty high.  so any personal experiences?

I'll tell the people in the PHP that I'm in, but just curious whether anyone had tried going higher. 

I think the ceiling is often more side effect dependent, I doubt many people could tolerate 100  

20 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

yeah, I can't imagine it.  hopefully a small increase will do the trick, if they don't want me to wait and see if it happens again. 

How long have you been on that dose? Sometimes the psychosis coverage can lag behind 

So PHP pdoc came up with a solution that I really like.  He prescribed 2mg haldol to take up to three as needed (wait 30-45 minutes before deciding to take the second one).  He said to not think of it as a relapse but instead of think of it as some residual symptoms that decided to crop up on Friday.  I’m still likely on my way out of the episode, so try not to think of it as going back to square one.  He also agrees with the conclusion that outpatient pdoc and I came to—that I’ll likely have sporadic hallucinations in general.  He just thinks that having a PRN AP might do me some good if I ended up having the symptoms again.

4 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

So PHP pdoc came up with a solution that I really like.  He prescribed 2mg haldol to take up to three as needed (wait 30-45 minutes before deciding to take the second one).  He said to not think of it as a relapse but instead of think of it as some residual symptoms that decided to crop up on Friday.  I’m still likely on my way out of the episode, so try not to think of it as going back tosquare one.  He also agrees with the conclusion that outpatient pdoc and I came to—that I’ll likely have sporadic hallucinations in general.  He just thinks that having a PRN AP might do me some good if I ended up having the symptoms again.

4 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

So PHP pdoc came up with a solution that I really like.  He prescribed 2mg haldol to take up to three as needed (wait 30-45 minutes before deciding to take the second one).  He said to not think of it as a relapse but instead of think of it as some residual symptoms that decided to crop up on Friday.  I’m still likely on my way out of the episode, so try not to think of it as going back to square one.  He also agrees with the conclusion that outpatient pdoc and I came to—that I’ll likely have sporadic hallucinations in general.  He just thinks that having a PRN AP might do me some good if I ended up having the symptoms again.

That sounds like a very good plan 

Idk why the previous quote happened twice but now I can’t fix it and it’s going to annoy me lol