I had another post here called third new job. Since January of 2022 I have worked at 4 different places. I'm currently out on leave due to my withdrawal symptoms from effexor. I'm back on Pristiq and I got an email from indeed about a job at Doggie Daycare and I really really really really really want to apply for it but I feel like I'm being compulsive is that the word? I know my brain is still resetting and my whole nervous system is getting back to somewhat tolerable state but who wouldn't want to work with puppies? 

I need a voice of reason here. I think I'm just going to apply for it and see what happens

35 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

I know my brain is still resetting and my whole nervous system is getting back to somewhat tolerable state but who wouldn't want to work with puppies? 

I need a voice of reason here. I think I'm just going to apply for it and see what happens

You are certainly free to apply if that's what you decide, but do you have any experience working with dogs?

Before I retired, I worked professionally with dogs for close to 30 years, as a groomer, and as a trainer.....My friends would often tell me how they wished they had my job, because they said "it must be so much fun" working with dogs and puppies...Working professionally with dogs is very rewarding, but it's not as fun as it might look like from the outside.

Dogs are messy....They have poop and pee accidents often (especially puppies).....Sometimes there will be diarrhea and vomit to clean up as well....If you can deal with these messes without getting grossed-out, I would say try it.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

Oh you did? It is very rewarding. And much easier than dealing with people.

I worked at a small doggy daycare for about 7 months. I enjoyed every minute 🤗

During my career working with canines, I often had to deal with a lot of human customers as well....Some of these people were a-holes that could ruin your whole day......Not trying to be negative, but that was the reality, in my experience of almost 30 years.

If you feel comfortable answering, why did you stop working at the doggie daycare after 7 months?

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

You have a valid point.

I was actually fired. My mental health has always interfered with my employment. But she instead asked that I draw pictures of the pets that had passed, so maybe it was a position change...,😅

• Like 1