GAD and life stuff

I have GAD but I also have some genuinely stressful life situations going on right now. I do feel that the level of anxiety and sheer panic I've been feeling is out of proportion to these situations, which are not life-threatening or anything like that.

How do you figure out when you need a med change vs just waiting for things to get better/resolve?

i'd say when/if the anxiety/panic is interfering frequently and distressingly with your daily functioning then it would be advisable to contact your doctor.

if you have been through this before and know that it'll likely get better or resolve or are fairly confident now, then perhaps not. med changes (for me) are quite difficult but they might be relatively easy for you.

27 minutes ago, basuraeuropea said:

i'd say when/if the anxiety/panic is interfering frequently and distressingly with your daily functioning then it would be advisable to contact your doctor.

if you have been through this before and know that it'll likely get better or resolve or are fairly confident now, then perhaps not. med changes (for me) are quite difficult but they might be relatively easy for you.

Med changes are definitely not easy for me, I get side effects and they tend to be very disruptive. So I'm hesitant to change anything. BUt I'm not really functioning. I mean I guess I am in the sense I am getting things done that need to be done (mostly), but I'm internally a wreck, I'm barely eating, sleep patterns are weird. Idk.