CrazyBoards.org

Paxlovid rebound how long do I isolate

I had symptoms 7/11 tested positive for Covid 7/12,  I took an antiviral paxlovid that keeps symptoms less severe but rarely people rebound and get symptoms again after improving.  I think that is what happened.  I was cleared to go out with a mask often 10 days.  I was feeling okay. By Sunday I was getting worse. I saw telehealth I have bronchitis.  She gave me cough suppressant and inhaler.  Saw my dr mon, I have other symptoms I had this manic energy where  I could not sleep and was uncomfortable, she gave name a  week of klonopin. I also have gi symptoms taking pepto bismul. My dr said the tests won’t show if you are not contagious and can show positive for a month,  anyone know when, if I am up to it, I can go out with a mask?

8 hours ago, confused said:

anyone know when, if I am up to it, I can go out with a mask?

Are you still testing positive for covid?.......Just my opinion, but I would suggest wearing a mask until you are testing negative......That's what I would do.......Have you asked a doc about when it's safe to stop wearing a mask?

6 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Are you still testing positive for covid?.......Just my opinion, but I would suggest wearing a mask until you are testing negative......That's what I would do.......Have you asked a doc about when it's safe to stop wearing a mask?

I could be wrong but I think she's asking when it's OK to go somewhere in public WITH a mask?

I don't know the answer unfortunately. This covid stuff really confuses me. They keep changing the guidelines and there are a lot of situations the guidelines don't seem to address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juniper29 said:

I could be wrong but I think she's asking when it's OK to go somewhere in public WITH a mask?

Yes, you are correct...my mistake, sorry......I don't know the answer, either, then.....I guess in that case, maybe @confused should possibly ask her doctor?