Why...

deeschmee

• 4 weeks later...

Bit late but I hear ya. End up missing many of those milestones for a normal life when you have mental health problems. At my age I should have my own house and a nice car, and maybe should've been married and had children, and then got divorced and have an ex-wife who hates me and children who don't want to see me. A boy can dream. Life hasn't turned out great. I can possibly beat you in loser top trumps - I'm a 40 something with alcohol problems who still lives with his mother. Yes you end up beating yourself up but that doesn't help.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DogMan said:

i have internal dialogue. But, mine doesn't say that. Is it your voice or someone else's (both DS and FiS?)

It's my voice, or a part of me. It's not any sort of external thing, for me anyway. What is your internal dialogue like? I'm curious. Mine is mostly awful. Probably one of the main reasons for my problems.

10 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

It's my voice, or a part of me. It's not any sort of external thing, for me anyway. What is your internal dialogue like? I'm curious. Mine is mostly awful. Probably one of the main reasons for my problems.

I don't think that my inner critic is as fond of blanket statements as you and dee. Inner critic voice is often those tied to mistreatment and on the specifics of the moment 

Does that make sense?

• Like 1