Live Alone? Or Not?

deeschmee

I live alone and I don't know how I feel about it. But here's my pros and cons list:

Pros

I can walk around in my undies

I can leave the bathroom door open (for the cats of course)

I can put/leave/take stuff where I want

It's quiet/no arguing

Cons:

It's lonely

No one to talk to

I was a stay at home mom for a long time. My youngest moved out, or rather was kicked out due to punching me in the nose, a few months ago.

I had a roommate for a short time but he was always walking around drunk late at night. 

I wouldnt mind another roommate but I get social aid and then roommates income would be counted. It does get lonely 

• Sad 1

I understand the loneliness.   That said, I've always found that the benefits of living on my own (many of which you've mentioned) outweigh the company.  I just try to schedule things with friends (we have a standing skype call on Wednesdays at 7:30, a standing zoom call with my parents on Sunday at 3pm, etc.  it takes more intentionality, but a few of hte roommates i've had before made me quite willing to just go it alone. 

• Like 3

meetup?  tons and tons of options of activities/events where you can meet people

I have two guys I met through an LGBTQ hiking group and I met an ex-girlfriend through them.  whether people are looking for anything outside the organization can be variable.  But it would get you some people support.  Also, and it may sound strange, but going to a coffee shop or some place where you're allowed to chill and where you need to order from someone.  If it's out of your house, it may make being on your home a good feeling. 

• Like 1