You may have heard I have a man in my building who recently got out of jail for the sale of meth. His father said he has schizophrenia. Now this guy goes on these rampages night and day slamming doors throwing objects running down the hall yelling racial slurs and talking about doing crack and raping/murdering his dad.

Cops come all the time. Crisis services came. Called the landlord. He has rights, which we know.

We are all terrified of what can happen next. Things are escalating. Some of us can't sleep. One neighbor said he's going to kick his ass. We don't know what else we can do.

This in not good for my mental health.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by deeschmee
  • Sad 2

@deeschmee.....If this person is threatening to rape/murder his father, has anyone told the police about it?

If he is threatening to harm someone, the police should know about that, and if he keeps threatening this, I'm surprised the police haven't taken him to a mental facility for evaluation.

Usually, if a person is threatening to harm themselves or others, that should be grounds for him to be detained involuntarily by the police, and taken to a psychiatric facility.

Make sure the police know that he is threatening to harm/kill his father.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deeschmee said:

@CrazyRedhead we have told them. When they come to evaluatehim they deem him "not a threat to himself or others" mobile crisis unit also the same. He is a meth/crack addict I was told.

We are held hostage in our own homes

Wow, that is unbelieveable that crisis team deems him "not a threat", when he is threatening to rape/murder his father..!!

If he's a meth/crack addict he needs to be in a treatment/rehab facility......Has he threatened or harmed anyone else?.....Hard to believe there is nothing that can be done....I'm so sorry you have to experience this.

If he just got out of jail, he probably has a parole officer....If there was a way to find out who his parole officer is, maybe the parole officer could do something.

• Like 1

It gets very bad around here every few weeks or so.

I think one of the sheriff knows his dad and let's him off easy. I'm not sure what criteria they are basing his "non-threatening" behavior on. I suppose it's hearsay? Our word vs his. And tgen there is the privacy laws as well...

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...