A FUN way to exercise

last summer i lost a significant amount of weight  :)   because i bought a fun toy.  yes a toy.  disclaimer:  i lost the weight and since have gained it all back and much more, but thats because i lost a lot of the restlessness and now sit on my ass hoping to get enough motivation to do it again.

DDR.  Dance Dance Revolution.  I bought it off of ebay for a pretty good price.  You can hook it up to your tv, pc, or any game system.  It has a pad you put on the floor and you stomp on the arrows as they get to the top of the screen.  but u have to get it on the beat to the music.  some songs are hard, some are easy.  they grade u, and so u know when u get better, and i personally like to play certain songs and get better at them.  just thought i'd share since this is the only activity i've had fun doing in the past 10 years.

ok ill try really hard to maybe play the game tomorrow. ;) i have a motivation and tiredness problem as you can tell.

Yes I love DDR!  I wish I could do it more but I'm training to run in a race right now.  I was thinking of making it my main cardio activity in three weeks when the race is over.  What level are you at?  I'm trying to move up to Standard mode when I play.

That's really the key to exercise for a lot of people, I think--you have to find something you like to do.  I change what I do all the time because it keeps me interested. 

Doooooo it!  Play DDR!

Archived