Jump to content

Adult Kids


deeschmee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it wrong or dysfunctional to need to spend time with my adult children? Do I express this to them? If so how? Or do I just try to work on not needing them?

Because they are the only people I want to be with and I think they are tired of me

Edited by deeschmee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Is it wrong or dysfunctional to need to spend time with my adult children? Do I express this to them? If so how? Or do I just try to work on not needing them?

Because they are the only people I want to be with and I think they are tired of me

No, it's absolutely not wrong to want more time with your adult children......How often do you see them currently?.....How often would you like to see them?..............Why do you think they are tired of you?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the validation...

I see them about once a week but only because I babysit. We don't do any fun adult activities which I've suggested. 

The past summer I was in effexor withdrawal and got upset with them over a perceived slight which later I over reacted to. Now they hardly answer my texts. My daughter RARELY answers them which makes me feel like I'm either texting too other or they are tired of my mental health symptoms 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deeschmee said:

Thank you for the validation...

I see them about once a week but only because I babysit. We don't do any fun adult activities which I've suggested. 

The past summer I was in effexor withdrawal and got upset with them over a perceived slight which later I over reacted to. Now they hardly answer my texts. My daughter RARELY answers them which makes me feel like I'm either texting too other or they are tired of my mental health symptoms 

Maybe on days you babysit, invite them to have dinner with you at your place, a couple of times a week?.....That could be a starting point for getting them involved with some fun activities...

Have you tried calling them instead of texting?.....Sometimes actually calling them on the phone might get a faster response......I think you mentioned that your daughter is about 20?......In early twenties, most adult children are more involved with their friends......But, this will probably change with your daighter as she gets older. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Maybe on days you babysit, invite them to have dinner with you at your place, a couple of times a week?.....That could be a starting point for getting them involved with some fun activities...

Have you tried calling them instead of texting?.....Sometimes actually calling them on the phone might get a faster response......I think you mentioned that your daughter is about 20?......In early twenties, most adult children are more involved with their friends......But, this will probably change with your daighter as she gets older. 

Good idea. I could call for sure. Last family game night I planned it was way too nice out to be outside, then my son's jeep broke down. 

Yes daughter is very involved with boyfriend and his family right now....

29 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Maybe on days you babysit, invite them to have dinner with you at your place, a couple of times a week?.....That could be a starting point for getting them involved with some fun activities...

Have you tried calling them instead of texting?.....Sometimes actually calling them on the phone might get a faster response......I think you mentioned that your daughter is about 20?......In early twenties, most adult children are more involved with their friends......But, this will probably change with your daighter as she gets older. 

Good idea. I could call for sure. Last family game night I planned it was way too nice out to be outside, then my son's jeep broke down. 

Yes daughter is very involved with boyfriend and his family right now....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...