CrazyBoards.org

How do you experience anxiety

I had an anxious moment while ordering food and it’s like this anxious monster sitting on my shoulder telling me I’m messed up.

it happens in social settings, and often when I’m dealing with cashiers

Edited by wookie

Anxiety for me crosses over with other symptoms, and I don't know where one ends and another begins. But for me, I think, anxiety is very physical. And feeds everything from flashbacks to violent intrusive thoughts

For me, anxiety is always present......I'm literally afraid of almost everytrhing, and need help to even leave the house.......I'm scared to even go outside, too scared to cook, too scared to even drive any more.......I have constant thoughts of something bad happening......I am able to sleep only due to medications.

Fortunately I have a housemate who gets groceries for me, and runs errands for me, and takes me for doctor appts......It's pretty bad.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

For me, anxiety is always present......I'm literally afraid of almost everytrhing, and need help to even leave the house.......I'm scared to even go outside, too scared to cook, too scared to even drive any more.......I have constant thoughts of something bad happening......I am able to sleep only due to medications.

Fortunately I have a housemate who gets groceries for me, and runs errands for me, and takes me for doctor appts......It's pretty bad.

Mine is bad, but not that severe.  Driving, of all things, helps my anxiety.  It's like an activity where I can focus my energy.  It's weird.  But yeah bigger things like work meetings and confrontation and feeling judged by cashiers is my weak point.