Stopping Venlafexine

Anyone have experience with this? Anyone know anything about withdrawal symptoms and how long they last? My last dose was September 3rd 2022. I took 1 ml of liquid 25 mg immediate release. I am still suffering greatly from depression and I believe getting my brain back to a stable level

I'd like to add that I don't feel as though any depressants have really helped me not feel depressed when I look back on many of my posts here

• Sad 1

I've tried Effexor, but discontinued it because It didn't do much, if anything for my depression........I was on a higher dose than you were, 225 mg if I remember correctly.

I tapered down with doc supervision, but the withdrawal symptoms were tough........I think I was pretty much over the withdrawal symptoms by about 1 month after last dose.

I know you mentioned that you've tried a lot of antidepressants, but there are a few newer ones you may not have tried, that might be worth asking your pdoc about.......Viibryd, Trintellix, Fetzima.....................Have you tried Wellbutrin or Remeron?

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

know you mentioned that you've tried a lot of antidepressants, but there are a few newer ones you may not have tried, that might be worth asking your pdoc about.......Viibryd, Trintellix, Fetzima.....................Have you tried Wellbutrin or Remeron?

Oh I hadn't heard of the newer ones, thank you!

I did try generic wellbutrin and it made me very excitable.

Actually Lamotrigine worked well for some time but then after a while I got the rash.

My GP is doing a workup on my kidneys because some of my numbers were high I guess. I also have high triglycerides and my A1c is high as well. Would that affect how I metabolize meds?

33 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

My GP is doing a workup on my kidneys because some of my numbers were high I guess. I also have high triglycerides and my A1c is high as well. Would that affect how I metabolize meds?

I don't know, honestly.......That would be a good question for your doctor.

• Like 1