2 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Thank you.

I feel as though I'm going with an attitude of knowing they will not approve me

I agree with @coraline.....Just be honest when they ask you questions....The truth is always best.

Do you have a disability attorney helping you with your case?.....Statistics say that people who have a disability attorney are more likely to get approved.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

I'm in a different country, but agree

My disability support pension interview was actually a cathartic vent about how hard work gets. I shared random things which I thought were just character faults which they took on board

• Like 1

So I don't have an attorney because this is just an interview/exam. I'll get one if I'm denied, again. 

21 minutes ago, DogMan said:

I shared random things which I thought were just character faults which they took on board

Do they tell you why you received benefits? 

Thank you for sharing 

I got approved on reconsideration on 3 rd attempt, I think.  They sent my pdoc forms and as soon as they received them I was approved. Not sure what he said.  I know they want to know how your illness affects your ability to work.  I was doing worse when I was denied, Good luck!

I used a company called Allsup.  I did not see a different pdoc or go to court they just helped me manage the paperwork .they took a big chunk of my back pay.  Also, ssa only went back to when I was rejected before even though I was not able to work longer than that.

Edited by confused
  • Like 1

I am in CA but I believe it is the same.  It is nerve wracking.  I hope you get it this time. 

I had the offer to appeal when I was rejected but I let it go too long so I reapplied.  I forget how far back they go in your work history, but you have to apply within that time.  

Did they tell you why you were denied before?. I was told I could work alone doing repetitive work.  

38 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

@confused thank you.

I'm guessing you're in the states?

Does it matter which state? Im in NY

No, it doesn't matter which state you're in....SSDI is a federal program.....The process is the same in all 50 states.

First step is when you send in your application.....If you're denied in this first application step,  next step is reconsideration....If you're still denied on reconsideration, next step is the hearing level, in which you have to go to court in front of a judge.......If you have to go to court, the wait time for a hearing can possibly be between 1-2 yrs.

@confused is correct......They are mostly interested in how your condition affects your ability to work....It's not enough to just be diagnosed with a condition....The condition must be severe enough to prevent you from working, and must severely affect your activities of daily living, like cooking, driving, shopping for groceries, etc......Your medical records are very important, too--what you tell them must match up to your medical records, and what you have told your pdoc and therapist about how severely your condition affects you.

In case you're interested, I was denied on the intial application, but my attorney appealed that right away, and I got approved on reconsideration, so I did not have to go to court......

It is a very stressful process, to be sure..

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

This is all really good info. I did apply yours ago and was denied so we went to court and that was denied and my attorney appealed the denial which was also denied like holy crap. So this time around I really don't have much faith in the system

• Sad 1

And it's a really strange interview. They didn't ask anything about my work or work history. The doctor did a physical exam where you squeeze his fingers he pushes your elbows your knees reflexes Etc I only couldn't do one thing when he asked me to squat down. And the psychologist interview she just asked me a bunch of things are you sad do cry a lot what medicines you take and then she asked me to remember three words and a number. Then she asked me to do some math. Like how are they supposed to tell had disabled I am by just a short quick assessment. I hope they do refer to doctor and counselor notes

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

I hope they do refer to doctor and counselor notes

Yes, they will refer to notes made by your personal doc and therapist, but the opinions of your SSDI examiners will be given equal weight.

I wish you the best...!!

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1