CrazyBoards.org

Hey and hello again... I've been ghosting around here since maybe '05 (crazymeds, anyone?) and it's time to go shopping again.

I learned about aripiprazole here, and after trying Risperdal, Geodon, and others, I got my insurance to cover Abilify. 

Now I'm on 1064mg of Aristada every three weeks. It's time for something new, so I'm back and looking for help again. I've got a pdoc that she's with me, but we haven't been able to find anything better than aripiprazole.

So. Help? Money's not an object. I've also got MS now and I'm sure Medicare hates me for Ocrevus every six months, but I'm not inclined to care. I just want to stay as sane as I can. *shrug*

3 hours ago, headrift said:

Hey and hello again... I've been ghosting around here since maybe '05 (crazymeds, anyone?) and it's time to go shopping again.

I learned about aripiprazole here, and after trying Risperdal, Geodon, and others, I got my insurance to cover Abilify. 

Now I'm on 1064mg of Aristada every three weeks. It's time for something new, so I'm back and looking for help again. I've got a pdoc that she's with me, but we haven't been able to find anything better than aripiprazole.

So. Help? Money's not an object. I've also got MS now and I'm sure Medicare hates me for Ocrevus every six months, but I'm not inclined to care. I just want to stay as sane as I can. *shrug*

Are you looking for something else that can transition to long acting injectable, or would you be ok with something that has to be daily?

4 hours ago, headrift said:

I'm kinda used to injections, but still take a lot of pills. I'm open to either, but would prefer something long acting

If I’m reading your history right, the two atypicals left would be zyprexa and invega. I’d think zyprexa is miles away from abilify. Invega might make sense if you saw any improvement on risperdal 

Just now, Iceberg said:

If I’m reading your history right, the two atypicals left would be zyprexa and invega. I’d think zyprexa is miles away from abilify. Invega might make sense if you saw any improvement on risperdal 

Heh... Risperdal made me even more paranoid when I tried it. Is Zyprexa worth it, or do you have a line on any beta tests? I've about burned out aripiprazole doses and am starting to get worried. I've been "sane" for years and don't want to go back to being crazy

On 10/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, headrift said:

Heh... Risperdal made me even more paranoid when I tried it. Is Zyprexa worth it, or do you have a line on any beta tests? I've about burned out aripiprazole doses and am starting to get worried. I've been "sane" for years and don't want to go back to being crazy

It can be very effective, but the metabolic issues and potential for sedation can be pretty significant 

1 minute ago, Iceberg said:

It can be very effective, but the metabolic issues and potential for sedation can be pretty significant 

I had similar issues with Geodon for a year or two. I had my goes up for more second generation of AGA... maybe the search would work better if I wasn't blocking the ads

It's been a couple decades since I was crazy symptomatically, but i remember delusions and paranoia were popular sx. 

I've been looking around and found Latuda for six months after an injection which is sounding good. Do you know of others that might work for that long?

6 hours ago, headrift said:

It's been a couple decades since I was crazy symptomatically, but i remember delusions and paranoia were popular sx. 

I've been looking around and found Latuda for six months after an injection which is sounding good. Do you know of others that might work for that long?

Injectable lurasidone? I wasn’t aware that was approved, although there were trials at some point 

The only six month form of injectable I know of is palliperidone, but you have to be tried on monthly first 

• Like 1

Usually the practice is you have to do well on the oral, then try the one month, then work up from there. Although I don’t think starting on oral is technically mandatory in the prescribing info, I know insurance or some providers don’t go straight to the shot 

• Like 1