How Long

Can a person survive with disrupted sleep? Some days are better than others but honestly I can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. And it's starting to change me like make me feel sick.

Yes I've done sleep studies yes I have a c Pap yes I have sleep meds. I've tried no electronic devices cold bedroom very dark going to bed at the same time every night you name it I've tried it. Most sleep meds have the opposite effect on me. Most recently tried davigo and balsomra which kept me awake more than usual. I'm supposed to go for yet another sleep study to see how my CPAP is working which it's not. It's sucking up water into the mask

1 hour ago, DogMan said:

i don't know for sure. But i have searched this very topic semi frequently. And consensus seems to be that the only time you will die is if you fall asleep driving etc

You have trouble sleeping too?

6 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Can a person survive with disrupted sleep? Some days are better than others but honestly I can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. And it's starting to change me like make me feel sick.

Yes I've done sleep studies yes I have a c Pap yes I have sleep meds. I've tried no electronic devices cold bedroom very dark going to bed at the same time every night you name it I've tried it. Most sleep meds have the opposite effect on me. Most recently tried davigo and balsomra which kept me awake more than usual. I'm supposed to go for yet another sleep study to see how my CPAP is working which it's not. It's sucking up water into the mask

If Dayvigo and Belsomra didn't work, you could try Lunesta, or maybe Sonata.......They work differently than Dayvigo and Belsomra......If I remember correctly, I think you said you tried Ambien already.

I personally use Trazodone with good success, but I need to have a higher dose than many for sleep--I take 150mg right now, but have taken up to 200mg.

If your CPAP is sucking up water into the mask, it's definitely not working correctly......You could try moving your CPAP machine so that the machine is sitting on a lower level than your mask--that might work....I don't use a CPAP but know somebody who does.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

I appreciate you so much @CrazyRedhead

Honestly thank you☺ I'm losing it right now.

So I have to stick with ambien because I believe the pdoc is getting annoyed with me. I put out a desperate plea to the sleep did too.

I'm going to try that with the c-pap. I think the temperature might be too warm also.

• Like 1