Which is Better?

i don't know

i shared a house in uni with a guy called carter

he'd stay awake until 3am because he was behind on work. But, he'd waste a good 12 hours a day just complaining how tired he was. So he'd set his alarm for 5am, wake up and spend most of the day complaining without accomplishing

• Like 1

That doesn't seem at all productive or healthy. Would I usually do is have interrupted sleep all night long then drag my ass everywhere I have to go. And keep thinking what I can do to get more sleep or quality sleep. It really wears on me after a while. But lately I've just been saying to myself "I'm just going to feel shitty and no doctors can help me so deal with it."

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, deeschmee said:

When dealing with chronic insomnia. Is it better to just force yourself to do things no matter your energy level? Or is it better to try to make up and get the rest that you need?

@deeschmee, why do you think no doctors can help you?......I know you tried Belsomra and Dayvigo, with no success, but there are still some options out there you could try.....Have you talked to your doctor about trying something else?.......I know what it's like to suffer through nights of interrupted sleep...I felt terrible, and it made all my other MI conditions even worse.

Before I found a medication combo for sleep, that worked for me, I truly did suffer with extreme levels of anxiety, fatigue,  and lack of concentration.

During that time I literally could not do anything but sit in a chair all day, wide awake, doing nothing.

However, through much trial and error, my pdoc and I finally found a med combination that worked for my sleep at night.....I still can't take naps, though....**SIGH**

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

Well, I have a variety of issues that I feel are all contributing to my insomnia.

-mild sleep apnea. The cpap makes it worse

-heart palpitations that wake me at night, I cannot tolerate this class of meds

- Just remembered also had abnormal EEG and seizure-like episodes which were just fainting (no clue if this is even an issue but am following up on it)

- I do take clonazepam and 1/2 ambien but was told those are only for short term. Not to mention Dr was concerned about taking these with apnea

-and then there is the positive ANA antibodies for auto-immune.

I just feel like this is all related but I don't feel taken seriously by my Drs. Maybe it's just my peception but I feel like they think it's somatic illness.

• Sad 1

I deal with this question daily.  If I am exhausted, I nap. If I can push myself I go out. 

I am cutting back on caffeine and that helps me sleep a little better but i am more tired during the day.  I have sleep apnea, too. I failed the cpap so i wear a special mouthguard. It is much less intrusive. I breathe better on my side. I have a tshirt with tennis balls on the back that help me stay on my side but I don't wear it because it is annoying while i am awake.  People tell me I should exercise more and lose weight (I am overweight).  My therapist told me to clean tile grout if i wake up, but I have not tried that.

I am listening to a podcast of stories Nothing Happens that is calming. I don't fall asleep but I get relaxed.  I am going to try drinking chamomile tea at bedtime.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing that. It does help to know that I'm not the only one. Because sometimes with lack of sleep I think I also have lack of reason and logic. Have you ever considered going to an ENT to have tonsil or adenoid surgery? That's what I'm considering

• Like 1