CrazyBoards.org

Seems to be changing my mood for the worst. Is this possible is anyone else experienced anything like this? It's the only thing that gets me to sleep but I wake up in a vicious foul mood ready to bite someone's head off

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Seems to be changing my mood for the worst. Is this possible is anyone else experienced anything like this? It's the only thing that gets me to sleep but I wake up in a vicious foul mood ready to bite someone's head off

According to mayoclinic.com, Ambien can possibly cause mood changes such as worsening depression, suicidal thoughts, confusion, agitation, aggressive behavior, or anxiety.

I would strongly suggest letting your prescriber know if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.

• Like 1

ambien had the opposite effect on me. it boosted my mood which i don't think is common, but it a drug of abuse, so maybe?

anyway, just stop taking it if you can't get a hold of your doctor; you can form physical dependence on the drug quickly and it won't be pleasant to taper.

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

I’m not sure we have enough information to recommend stopping a med without prescriber knowledge  

that's the general line of thought here, but stopping ambien? unless she's getting absolutely NO sleep, i don't see why this medication cannot be stopped on one's own, particularly if it's inducing depression.

also, per her sig, it's prescribed PRN. i would stop it.

Edited by basuraeuropea

So I did stop it but last night was worse. I guess that would be rebound? 

I just can't remember the last time (honestly) that I had quality sleep. 

I've tried to talk myself out of feeling sleepy with some cbt-i

It is scaring me how tired I truly am. I can't handle this trial and error medication roller coaster any longer. 

I do have a mild sleep apnea but cannot tolerate my cpap. 

I'm trying to downplay my insomnia and not make an issue of it but I can see how this can drive people mad because I'm almost there

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, deeschmee said:

It is scaring me how tired I truly am. I can't handle this trial and error medication roller coaster any longer. 

I'm trying to downplay my insomnia and not make an issue of it but I can see how this can drive people mad because I'm almost there

Depending on how long you've been taking Ambien, stopping it cold turkey without tapering can possibly cause rebound insomnia.

I understand you are tired of the trial and error med roller coaster.......But sometimes trial and error is the way we finally find something that works.....I tried numerous meds for sleep until I found what works for me.

I would suggest asking your prescriber about trying something else.......I know you also tried Belsomra and Dayvigo......Have you ever tried Lunesta or Sonata?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Were you taking it PRN or basically everyday ?

18 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I would suggest asking your prescriber about trying something else.......I know you also tried Belsomra and Dayvigo......Have you ever tried Lunesta or Sonata

I have not tried those. The only issue with that is that he is hesitant to try numerous different meds without an appointment. I usually message him through the portal. And it's hard to get an appointment because they are so short staffed. 

But I can try...

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

Depending on how long you've been taking Ambien, stopping it cold turkey without tapering can possibly cause rebound insomnia

Are you able to offer tapering info for ambien? I took another 1/3 tablet last night (along with 1/3 cbd gummy and .5 clonazepam) and woke up feeling dissociated and irritated. So maybe 1/2 of the 1/3 tablet?

5 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

Are you able to offer tapering info for ambien? I took another 1/3 tablet last night (along with 1/3 cbd gummy and .5 clonazepam) and woke up feeling dissociated and irritated. So maybe 1/2 of the 1/3 tablet?

is there any possible chance that this issue is a combo effect of taking all three instead of being 100% the ambien? .5 clonazepam is a long term med for you right?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

is there any possible chance that this issue is a combo effect of taking all three instead of being 100% the ambien? .5 clonazepam is a long term med for you right?

Yes it is long-term for me. I try not to take Ambien every night and will sometimes take a full 10 mg tablet when I haven't slept in days. A third of a tablet is about all I can handle without feeling too irritable but even that is becoming too much. The CBD is new only two nights. My body has been reacting very strongly to all medications for some reason.

So I did some research and I made a liquid out of my 10 mg Ambien and I am going to taper down slowly and see if that helps instead of going every other night or skipping a few nights

Edited by deeschmee

1 hour ago, deeschmee said:

It's best to discuss tapering details with your doctor.....Are you wanting to totally stop the Ambien?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

13 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

It's best to discuss tapering details with your doctor.....Are you wanting to totally stop the Ambien

Yes I want to stop. It's making me feel sick so I'm going to do it the way I stopped venlafexine this summer. Make a liquid. I take it as needed anyway.

Edited by deeschmee
New info
  • Like 1